Our client, Jim Keras Subaru, has an immediate opening for an Automotive Technician. The Automotive Technician is responsible for the actual service and/or repair of vehicles assigned to them by service management or their designated representatives.
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs for which the Technician is trained as assigned by management or their designated representative.
- Complete all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of normal mechanic's tools to include screwdrivers, wrenches, socket wrenches, pliers, hammers, chisels and punches, and other tools needed to perform the work for which the technician is trained and not normally inventoried by the Service Department as "special tools."
- Properly use the special tools and equipment provided by the Service Department.
- Participate in and utilize to the best of one's abilities technical training as assigned by management.
- Produce quality work that evidence pride of workmanship.
- Maintain the workspace assigned in an organized and cleanly manner.
- Ensure that customers' vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced.
- Maintain personal grooming, hygiene, and uniform standards according to departmental policies.
- Arrive at work, take breaks, and depart work at the times designated by management.
- Show common courtesy to all customers and dealership personnel.
- Make every effort to achieve the production objectives set by management.
- Review the technical bulletins and other publications as assigned by management.
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management.
- Use shop supplies and materials in a practical and economical manner.
- Constructively communicate with other dealership personnel as required to satisfy customer needs.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its personnel, or customers.
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous experience as an automotive technician, mechanic, or other related fields
- 2+ years of experience diagnosing and repairing a wide variety of cars.
- Good diagnostic skills.
- Experience repairing a wide variety of gas vehicles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment to quality workmanship.
- Commitment to the team including reliability, collaboration and communication.
- Rolling toolbox and diagnostic equipment commensurate with experience level.