Position Title: Master Certified Automotive Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
As a productive, cooperative leading member of the VIP Tires & Service team, a Master Technician engages with customers to educate them about the condition & needs of their vehicles.
1. VEHICLE INSPECTIONS: Conducts thorough, timely, and accurate inspections of customers’ vehicles within the guidelines of their 5-for-5 customer engagement process.
2. RECOMMENDATIONS: Based on inspections, tests, and factory information, provides expert diagnosis, repair and maintenance recommendations.
3. ASSISTANCE: Works cooperatively with Service Manager & Service Writers to provide information to facilitate accurate estimates of recommended work for customers.
4. PRODUCTIVITY: Upon assignment of work by Service Manager or Service Writers, completes all work accurately and efficiently.
5. TEAMWORK: Assists other Technicians with their vehicle inspections, as appropriate, to ensure that customers are provided with a proper education about their vehicles.
6. LEGAL/PROCESS: Complies with all company policies & procedures, including safety, loss prevention, and customer service processes, as well as local, state, and federal laws.
1. MENTORING: Works with other Technicians to help them advance their skills, knowledge, certifications, and careers.
2. HOUSEKEEPING: Leads by example and works with other members of the shop team to help keep the shop organized in a clean, orderly, organized manner.
3. SAFETY: Works in a safe manner and ensures safe working conditions are maintained throughout the shop. Assists team in identifying and eliminating unsafe conditions.
4. HYGIENE: Practices good personal hygiene, uses required personal protective equipment and ensures that customer vehicle protection and sanitation practices are followed.
5. OTHER: Takes direction from Service Manager and Service Writers to assist with other duties as necessary to serve our customers.
1. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (Google Ratings, Customer Feedback, etc.)
2. QUALITY: Zero or very low comeback %
3. PRODUCTIVITY: Maintain 100% productivity (billed hours as % of worked hours)
4. SCHEDULE: Works schedule as assigned by Service Manager (posted 2 weeks in advance)
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical instructions, procedures, and governmental regulations
- Effectively explain technical information to customers and coworkers
- Calculate figures and measurements necessary to conduct accurate repairs and services
- Diagnose and recommend solutions to basic and complex automotive problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited diagnostic standardization exists
- Interpret, understand, and apply instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Master Certified Automotive Technician
- Ability to successfully and accurately perform the following types of work (not limited to):
- Advanced Engine Diagnosis
- No Start Diagnosis A/C Diagnosis and Repair o Engine Diagnosis and Repair
- Heating and Cooling Diagnosis and Repair
- Electrical Diagnosis and Repair
- Drive ability Diagnosis
- Steering and Suspension Diagnosis and Repair
- Brake Diagnosis and Repair
- Exhaust System Diagnosis and Repair
- Air Induction / Fuel System Services
- ABS Diagnosis and Repair
- Transmission Diagnosis and Repair
- Fluid Exchanges o 4-Wheel Alignments
- Tire Mounting and Balancing
2. Minimum Education and/or Experience Level
- Completion of two-year college or technical school recommended
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Certified Technician 3. Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- Current, valid driver’s license issued in state of residence
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) in 8 or more specialties and one IMACA or MACS certification for refrigerant handling and recovery
- State Motor Vehicle Inspection License is required if store is located in a state that participates in vehicle safety and emission inspections and the facility is licensed to perform them
Essential Job Functions include the following (Other duties may be assigned)
Characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Job duties are performed within an indoor service department (generally 2,000 to 16,000 sq. ft.), which opens to the outdoors via overhead doors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to varying weather, climate, and temperature conditions, mechanical equipment, automotive, and industrial cleaning chemicals and noise levels that may reach 110 decibels depending upon type of service being performed. Protective eyewear must be worn in the service area at all times.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Listed below is a table which summarizes the physical activities associated with the position and the average amount of time required of each physical activity. Essential Physical Activity Requirements Less than 1/3 of Time 1/3 to 2/3 of Time More than 2/3 of Time Sitting Carrying Standing Pushing/pulling Reaching Walking Climbing Kneeling Crawling
Below is a table which summarizes the amount of time spent and weight lifted, or force exerted in the position. Less than 1/3 of Time 1/3 to 2/3 of Time More than 2/3 of Time More than 51 lbs Up to 50 lbs Standing Essential Vision Requirements
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral Vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth Perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Ever been overwhelmed by the prospect of looking for a new job? Us too. We’re here to help you navigate the confusing and frustrating process of looking for a new job. Figuring out which shops are best, and which is the right job for you can be hard. At Find A Wrench, we work hard to help the best technicians find their place at the best shops and dealerships in town.
Whether it’s assistance in helping put a resume together, find out what openings are in your area or just general advice on which path to pursue, we’re here for you. We like to think of ourselves as “Agents for Technicians” and want to be a resource for you in any way we can.
All of this is done at NO CHARGE to job seekers and with no catch. We won’t pressure you to take a job or look down at you for a question that you think is stupid. Our passion is the service business and our goal is to become a primary resource of career advice and assistance. If you are a great tech, you deserve a great job. We can help.