POSITION: Construction Admin / Project Management Assistant
REPORTS TO: Owners
PURPOSE: Participate in the estimating, operations, and admin departments for the safety and efficiency support of the field personnel and project management.
ENVIRONMENT: Fincon Concrete Contractors is a non-union, California licensed contractor serving the commercial, private, and residential sectors in the San Francisco Bay Area. Along with its team of experienced concrete and masonry craftspeople Fincon Concrete Contractors has become known for superior quality structural concrete services building retaining walls, foundations, and basements.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and in addition, management, as appropriate, may modify this job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital File Management
Learning new technology
Implementing New Systems
1. Provide effective communication, team effort, innovative thinking, and problem recognition and solving to support a safe, productive, and high moral operation.
2. Ensure an organized workflow and area.
3. Perform responsibilities in a timely manner while maintaining the team effort and daily deadlines.
4. Perform basic small office duties such as ordering supplies, troubleshooting tech ‘glitches’, installing software as needed, signing for deliveries, greet visitors.
5. Strong aptitude for learning new software.
6. Engage continuing education in safety, construction software, operation software, accounting software.
7. Strong knowledge of MS Office suite: Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint to produce estimates, proposals, effective email communication/processing, create safety and training presentations.
8. Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus for data entry of estimates.
9. Knowledge of Plan Grid for blueprint management a plus.
10. Knowledge of Planswift for estimating take offs a plus.
11. Blueprint reading a plus.
12. Job site experience a plus.
13. Participate in conducting safety meetings and inspections.quality checks on required job site installations per the Company’s Installation Standards and provide input for necessary reporting.
14. Provide for effective communication with Field Management, Executives, Accounting, and Human Resources, regarding business demands and employment related concerns in a timely manner.
15. Promote teamwork and achievement of Fincon Concrete Contractors goals by coordinating and participating in meetings between all departments to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information.
16. Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
17. Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that appreciates diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind.
18. Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
SUPPORTIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Participate in meetings and training sessions as required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Must be proficient in all aspects of concrete construction labor.
2) Must be experienced using basic hand tools required of the trade.
3) Must possess (and/or have the ability to obtain) basic hand tools required of the trade.
4) Ability to interprets and apply complex technical information
5) Ability to read blue prints, plans, work orders is preferred.
6) Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
7) Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
8) Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
9) Demonstrated attention to detail.
10) Multi-task oriented.
11) Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
A good portion of the job is hands-on and requires the ability to communicate with a diverse population. This position may require bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 lbs. as well as ability to walk from building to building and up and down stairs, climb up and down ladders, and through uneven terrain. Must be able to communicate verbally, observe with own eyes, read and analyze data and charts and give and receive information through listening and conversing. Must be able to work in a hot and cold environment, outside, and within the office environment. Must be able to travel in company or personal vehicle to various job sites.