This position is available for our New Milford location.
Operates truck to pick up and deliver tractors, equipment, machinery, etc. to and from the dealership. Must be thoroughly familiar with the proper loading and operation of trucks. Must be constantly alert in loading and driving at all times. Must be capable of following directions and be courteous and helpful to customers. Should have sufficient knowledge and be able to give customers basic instructions when equipment is delivered.
- Follow instructions for the pickup, transportation and delivery of tractors and/or equipment to the customer.
- Properly load and unload the trucks.
- check the condition of equipment that is delivered.
- Give basic instruction to the customer on operating the equipment.
- Keep trucks in good repair by performing necessary maintenance. Let management know when truck needs inspection and or license renewal.
- Promote all departments of the Company during pick-ups and deliveries.
- Obtain necessary signatures and receipts. Ensure customer has a copy of the warranty registration, pre-delivery checklist and operator's manual.
- Ensure that all attachments accompany equipment.
- Properly tag, label and secure equipment for storage.
- Keep accurate driving logs and is responsible for keeping up-to-date on CDL and DOT changes and regulations and complying with those regulations.
- Work with proper co-workers to obtain any required permits to haul freight in or out of the state.
- Practice confidentiality both in and out of the department.
- Perform additional duties not specifically listed.
- 3+ years experience as a CDL truck operator delivering equipment
- DOT Medical Card
- Clean driving record that will pass insurance company requirements
- CDL License
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards to 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School diploma or equivalent experience