Senior Principal Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Concepts and Architecture)
Defense & Space Industry
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Experience: 15 Years
- Lead assessment of Customer “hard” problems, & define missions & conceptual systems
- Develop advanced Cloud system concepts, architectures including functional decomposition
- Develop analytic models, simulations & perform analysis of complex Cloud Systems
- Develop top-level system Concepts-of-Operation descriptions
- Propose & lead (Principal Investigator) Independent Research & Development projects
- Lead Customer funded technology-mission studies
- Provide Cloud subject matter expertise and independent review during program execution
- Direct technical initiatives for future business through concept paper development & RFI/RFP evaluation
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- 3+ years of experience with working in designing and implementing hybrid and cloud based information management systems
- 3+ years of experience with commercial cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services such as GovCloud
- Experience in leading designs at the solutions level space/ground systems architectures including antenna systems, data processing, management, TT&C, mission planning, and associated flight dynamics
- Experience as a DevOps engineer deploying secure cloud infrastructure and applications using cloud infrastructure as code (IaC) using frameworks like Terraform and Ansible Manager
- Experience with microservices designs and implementations including docker, Kubernetes, helm, and rancher
- Experience with CI/CD tools including GitLab and Jenkins
- Familiarity with RMF security frameworks and achieving ATO
- 15+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Extensive cross-disciplines experience, including hardware, software, system integration-test
- Effective written & oral communicator, including strong skills in development of Customer presentations
- Passionate about designing & building high quality systems
- Ability to work in project teams of highly talented technologists
Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, Agile experience preferred, plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Financial Services IndustryWhy Work Here?
Excellent opportunity to apply a deep technical knowledge to take .IT audit skills to next level of career progression.
Company is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world delivering a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
TechnologyView all jobs at Financial Services Industry