Under the direction of the VP/CIO, the Information Security Engineer assists with installation and management of the security infrastructure, conduct investigations and incident response. This role performs security event management functions - monitoring, detection, triage of security events and alerts in Security Information Event Monitor (SIEM) and associated monitoring systems.
The Information Security Engineer helps plan and carry out FPCU’s information security strategy. They help develop a set of security standards and best practices for the organization, and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. Information Security Engineers may be asked to provide content to educate the workforce on information security through training and awareness.
This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of security hardware and software, enforcing the security policy and complying with requirements of external security audits and recommendations.
- Assist with design, engineering, implementation, maintaining and monitoring security measures for the protection of the FPCU network and systems. Devices will include intrusion detection/prevention, anti-virus, SIEM, VPN, SSL and other security components.
- Performing analysis of security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of security infrastructure devices.
- Ensure cyber security best practices are implemented and followed. Maintains compliance with all guidelines and regulations such as FFIEC, NIST, GLBA, and any other relevant regulations.
- Monitors information systems for security incidents and vulnerabilities; develops monitoring and visibility capabilities; reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Responds to information systems security incidents and vulnerabilities including investigation of, countermeasures to, and recovery from computer-based attacks, unauthorized access and policy breaches; interacts and coordinates with third-party incident responders including law enforcement.
- Analyzes trends, news and changes in threat and compliance environment with respect of organizational risk; advises VP/CIO and develops and executes plans for compliance and mitigation of risk; performs risk and compliance self-assessments, and engages and coordinates third-party risk and compliance assessments.
- Assists with the development of information security governance, including organizational policies, procedures, standards, baselines and guidelines with respect to information security and use and operation of information systems.
- Provides advice in preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure EMT/SMT know as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Administers authentication and access controls, including provisioning, changes, and de-provisioning of security/access roles, and access permissions to information assets.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent technical or professional experience related to Information Security is required.
- Minimum five years related work experience in Information Security. CISSP or other professional certificate is desirable.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience with computer forensic skills is desirable.
- Experience with at least 2 years in the Financial/Banking or related industry.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to research, analyze and resolve complex problems with minimal supervision and escalate issues as appropriate
- Prior experience developing and implementing security policy and/or standards is desirable
- Five (5) years or more experience in information security related positions
- At least five (5) years’ experience with hands-on technical experience
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license
- Any combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Any Security or technical certifications and/or technical training in security software, servers, local and wide area networks, and/or communications are highly desirable.
- CISSP preferred