Financial One Accounting Inc. Colchester, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: Under limited direction from a senior level manager, uses specialized knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and skills obtained through experience or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification to provide timely, accurate and high quality accounting services to non-profit clients. Prepares, interprets and summarizes client financial data for use by management, clients, and funding authorities, and resolves or recommends solutions to complex problems. Extensive knowledge of client organizational structure and funding sources, as well as contact with internal team members and external clients is required in order to meet business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, maintain, foster and develop professional relationships with clients. Regularly meet with clients to provide value added information and recommendations.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of client financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and trends. Provide necessary reports and interpretation of analysis to client and management team.
- Direct and review the day to day work of Accountants and Internal Accounting Operations team members supporting the same clients including preparation and review of work papers, review notes and clearing of review notes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of both short-term and long-term client plans and strategies.
- Conduct and prepare annual client budget preparation including meeting with clients and providing guidance and recommendations.
- Review budgets monthly and prepare forecasts. Monitor spending and provide meaningful analysis of variances including recommended action plans.
- Direct annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
- Approve all bank transfers that are not done in the normal course of operations.
- Comply with all regulatory filing and reporting requirements including filing statements and reports, filing returns and paying taxes, charitable trust/license to solicit paperwork, and assisting in the preparation of tax forms.
- Reviews progress of assignments with Financial One senior management.
- Balances conflicting resource and priority demands.
- May manage an accounting related support function (e.g. Accounts Receivables, Payroll, Accounts Payable, etc.) administered by the client including working with outside funding agencies and computer system vendors).
- May serve as the primary contact to the client Executive Director and outside agencies.
- May prepare indirect cost proposals, cost/settlement reports and financial reports required for grants or funding agencies.
- May review or assist with insurance policies and/or renewals, including working with the insurance agent for additions and deletions.
- May review and reconcile pension plan information.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to assigned clients.
- Remains current in non-profit accounting and GAAP accounting rules, regulations, policies and techniques.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced concepts, principles, practices and procedures of internal accounting operations.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced knowledge of work paper preparation, general ledger management, budgeting, financial analysis, monthly reporting, financial statement preparation, release of temporary restricted net assets, and audit coordination within a non-profit environment.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with accounting software systems required. Prior experience with Financial Edge is preferred.
- Establish relationships with client organizations and to understand the client issues, objectives and expectations.
- Manage multiple clients including ability to manage conflicting priorities, prioritize work (self and staff) and to know, understand, and meet deadlines.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Incorporate needs, wants and goals from different business unit perspectives into client business goals and objectives.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes without organizational authority.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Accounting, Finance or a relate field
- At least 7 years of professional level Accounting experience with 3 years at the Controller level. At least 2 years’ experience in a not-for-profit environment preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- CPA or MBA preferred
Financial One Accounting Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Financial One Accounting Inc.