The Financial Beginnings mission is to empower youth and adults to take control of their financial futures. Financial Beginnings fulfills this mission through an affiliate model. Financial Beginnings USA (FBUSA) is a national nonprofit with statewide affiliated nonprofits that provide Financial Beginnings' financial education programming. Financial Beginnings currently has two affiliates and will be opening eight more in the next three to five years.
Although FBUSA is based in beautiful Portland, Oregon, this position does not require Portland residency. Many team members take advantage of the opportunity to work remotely outside of the Portland-based office. FBUSA's team is quickly expanding and the new team members should be able and willing to adapt to change. Currently FBUSA is seeking to fill three positions which will increase the existing team size from five to eight members.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and working closely with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and marketing team, the Development Manager will manage FBUSA's fundraising efforts and oversee coordinating with affiliates on their fundraising requests. Historically, the majority of FBUSA's income has been derived from corporate sponsorships and foundation giving. Since expanding nationally in 2017, FBUSA's fundraising model has shifted to a larger percentage of earned income from the affiliate model. The more successful the affiliates are in fundraising, the more successful FBUSA is in expanding its mission nationally.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join at the beginning of our national expansion. The ideal candidate should be a detail-orientated, mission-driven development professional who is looking to deepen their expertise and grow with us.
To apply, please visit our website: https://financialbeginnings.org/careers/
- Work closely with other FBUSA team members and affiliates to ensure fundraising efforts reflect organizational needs.
- Develop a diversified fundraising plan and tracking system that can be replicated in new markets.
- Support the CEO and CAO in communicating with current and potential donors and sponsors.
- Identifying potential donors and sponsors both nationally and in developing affiliate markets.
- Write corporate and foundation grant applications.
- Prepare fundraising reports for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Maintain donor-specific deliverables tracking system to make certain that all funding deliverables are met.
- Manage the fundraising approval process for affiliates seeking funding outside of the parameters outlined in the affiliate agreement.
- Serve as a liaison for affiliates on joint requests.
- Develop resources to help affiliates in their fundraising efforts.
- Assist CAO in training affiliates' development staff in fundraising best practices as it relates to Financial Beginnings' model.
- Manage all applications overseen by FBUSA including interim and financial reporting.
- Develop sponsorship benefits for FBUSA and new affiliates.
- Work with the marketing team to produce collateral to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Lead in the development and implementation of individual giving campaigns.
- 3-5 years of experience working in development, with an emphasis on grant writing, corporate sponsorship, and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully raise funds from businesses and foundations.
- Confidence working with best-practice development strategies; prospect research, solicitation strategies, cultivation and stewardship.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently.
- Professional, engaging attitude and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Status and Compensation
- Full-time: exempt
- Location: USA, office based in Portland, Oregon
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, occasional need for event and/or weekend meetings or events.
- Travel: Minimal travel required if located in Portland.
- Compensation: $50,000-$60,000
- 20 days of PTO. PTO includes all personal, vacation, and sick time.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Cell phone allotment.
- 6% employer matched 401k, eligible after one year of employment.
- 100% paid health and dental insurance for employee.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website: https://www.financialbeginnings.org/careers/
Complete the screening questions and upload your cover letter and resume as a PDF.
Applications will begin being reviewed after September 20th, 2019.
Financial Beginnings USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.