The Financial Beginnings mission is to empower youth and adults to take control of their financial futures. As a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Financial Beginnings USA (FBUSA) fulfills this mission through an affiliate model, extending programming to more communities via local, on-the-ground teams. These statewide affiliate teams, along with their volunteer networks, deliver FBUSA financial education programming that is continually tested, revised, and improved to ensure mission alignment and participant impact. Currently, two affiliates are well-established in Oregon and Washington, with new offices opening soon in California and Nebraska. FBUSA is poised to have a total of 10 affiliates within the next five years.
The Marketing Associate is responsible for executing and tracking FBUSA's key marketing communications tactics, fulfilling affiliate requests, and providing marketing support to new affiliate teams. The Marketing Associate works with and reports to the Marketing and Communications Director, ensuring marketing plans and communications efforts are executed and effectively managed. This position is great for someone who enjoys collaborating and is energized by incremental improvements, made both individually and through team effort, but who also is a self-starter and -motivator. The Marketing Associate acts in a supportive role across the organization.
To apply, please visit our website: https://financialbeginnings.org/careers/
Key Marketing Communications Tactics
- Email Marketing (via Emma): Coordinate, develop, and optimize weekly/monthly email campaigns and newsletters.
- Social Media: Work with the Marketing and Communications Director to plan content calendar, create and manage content across various platforms, and further cultivate and engage online communities across Financial Beginnings' properties.
- Google AdWords: Monitor Google Grants account to ensure monthly compliance.
- Website (Content Management System - CMS): Execute updates and oversee new affiliate page/content activations, using Google Analytics to identify optimization opportunities.
- Marketing Collateral Production: Work with the Marketing and Communications Director to produce marketing materials for FBUSA staff and ensure online marketing repository (via Box) remains organized and up-to-date.
Fulfilling Affiliate Requests
- Act as the point of contact for affiliate requests (via Podio).
- Coordinate and manage marketing requests submitted by affiliate team members.
- Oversee production, approval process, and delivery of affiliate marketing materials.
Marketing Support to New Affiliate Teams
- Ensure new affiliate offices have necessary materials for effective market launches.
- Gather and organize contact data that can be effectively leveraged for direct marketing efforts.
- Work with new affiliate support team to execute educator outreach mailing efforts.
- Propose/write copy for press releases, web pages, emails, programming materials, etc.
- Help identify marketing areas for improvement and ideas to be explored.
- Complete administrative tasks that support the FBUSA team.
- Familiarize oneself with the organization, its affiliates, and the Employee Handbook.
- Get to know fellow staff members, developing trust, establishing credibility, encouraging collaboration, and creating a tone of open, honest, two-way communication.
- Keep up-to-date on financial and personal finance education trends and share with the team.
- Communicate and collaborate seamlessly in both face-to-face and digital (online) interactions.
Please note that performing duties and responsibilities not listed above may be requested as required by evolving business needs.
- Bachelor's degree required, marketing- or communications-related degree preferred.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in marketing-related roles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media and general online savviness.
- Some experience using a CMS (e.g., WordPress).
- A proven track record of working well with others, adapting to changes, and interacting professionally with co-workers and/or vendors.
- Service and support oriented, actively looking for ways to help others.
- Strong listening skills, giving full attention to what others are saying or asking, taking the time to understand the points being made, and asking questions when appropriate.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive and collegial attitude.
- Comfortable collaborating online and/or working remotely.
- Adobe InDesign experience with at least working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to use Excel.
- Experience with SEO and/or Google AdWords.
- Webinar, podcasts, and/or vlogs production and hosting a plus.
- Understanding of personal finance fundamentals preferred, but not required.
- Recognition of education's value, and passion for improving communities and serving populations in need.
Status and Compensation
- Full-time / Non-exempt
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Travel: Very limited
- Compensation: $35,000 - $40,000, depending on experience
- PTO: 20 days, which include all personal, vacation, and sick time
- Paid holidays: 8
- Cell phone and computer allotment
- Retirement savings: 6% employer matched 401k, eligible after one year of employment
- Insurance: 100% paid health and dental for employee
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website : https://www.financialbeginnings.org/careers/
Complete the screening questions and upload your cover letter and resume as a PDF
Review of applications will begin after September 20th, 2019.
Financial Beginnings USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.