To support the Financial Alliance for Women’s rapid expansion, the Knowledge Manager works with the EVP Programs to strengthen the Alliance’s knowledge base, including the design and implementation of research based on best practices of member institutions and wider ecosystem players; and packaging it into publications such as case studies of member institutions, topical In Briefs, and other research products. The Knowledge Manager also supports in the design and implementation of new and existing peer learning activities. The Knowledge Manager also acts as chief support to EVP Programs in the execution of annual surveys of members; as well as in supporting national and international level efforts to increase the production and use of sex-disaggregated data on the supply of financial services to women in order to close gender gaps in financial services.
Research & Knowledge:
· Gather and distill content for Alliance knowledge products e.g. Case Studies, In Briefs, How To Guides—and for Alliance communications—websites, newsletters, workshops, social media, blogs etc.
· Support EVP Programs and CEO in the design and execution of one-off pieces of research and distill for publication as well as solution tools of practical use for financial services providers to better support the female economy.
· Support in creating and reviewing content for Alliance’s peer learning events including:
o Creating panel topics and panelist guidelines for the flagship annual Summit
o Reviewing learning material of the five-day practitioner training (All Stars Academy) in coordination with concerned parties
o Overseeing content agenda of 2-day Study Tour training
o Supporting in creating, distilling and curating content for panels at conferences.
· Project manage practitioner Working Groups on specialist subjects, including coordination with participants and experts, development of knowledge products codifying lessons learned and recommendations for advancing Alliance’s work in each area.
· Project manage Alliance’s Mentorship program, including promoting the program among members, encouraging applications (mentors and mentees), matching pairs, training, monitoring pair activity, troubleshooting, and evaluating each cohort.
· Manage the Alliance’s Female Economy Analytics survey, including member outreach, managing collection of data, data review and analysis, and production of benchmarking reports.
· Support EVP Programs in the project management and implementation of gender data pilots that scope gender data gaps and map interventions across each country’s ecosystem to improve sex-disaggregated data in the financial system
· Project manage the design, collection and analysis of the Alliance’s annual membership satisfaction survey.
· Manage the Alliance’s theory of change and evaluation framework, including implementing improvements in impact measurement
· Undergraduate/graduate degree and at least 5-7 years of work experience in the private sector;
· Management consulting, banking or finance-related experience a plus;
· Commitment and interest in small enterprise development and women’s economic empowerment;
· Excellent analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel;
· Excellent written skills with ability to synthesize content for different audiences;
· Excellent relationship management skills including a comfort with very senior executives;
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Willingness to assist on a variety of projects, performing a range of tasks as needed;
· Willingness to travel to a range of emerging markets countries;
· Fluency in English required and professional competence in French or Spanish a plus;
· Ambition to make a major contribution to the field of financial inclusion and to build the Alliance.
ABOUT THE FINANCIAL ALLIANCE FOR WOMEN
We’re the leading members’ network of financial organizations dedicated to championing the female economy. As a unique network with members from over 135 countries, we share the ambition of unlocking its full value. Everything we do is based on a win-win approach where financial organizations grow their businesses by accelerating women’s financial power. From creating real and digital platforms where members can learn from each other’s on-the-ground experiences, to publishing our own proprietary data and research, to advocating for global policy change — we inspire and equip our members to design and refine women-centered products, services and strategies that will bring about a new paradigm for women’s financial experiences.