Financial Advocates Olympia, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40 to $80 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Financial Advocates has an opportunity for an Internal Accountant performing the accounting needs of the organization. This position works closely with internal and external clients. To be successful in this role, you must have basic knowledge of the financial services industry and superior client service skills. Each essential task will require a focus on accuracy, detail, time management and organization skills. You will need strong communication and client service skills to build relationships within the organization and with our partners in a fast-paced environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and payroll. May assist with human resource-related items.
- Contribute to organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, and analysis.
- Prepare various financial statements and reports.
- Perform all bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Review financial statements with executive personnel.
- Identify and implement processes and automation to streamline and improve accounting procedures and systems.
- Process all independent contractor fees including downloading of data, work-up of fees, input and transmit earnings into payroll software. Set wires to accompany fee batches.
- Review payroll, transmit, reconcile payroll documents with accounting software and fund 401k and FSA program accounts.
- Prepare and fund monthly, quarterly, and annual excise taxes to various venues.
- Maintain general subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Prepare all year-end data for CPA.
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment. Maintain benefits deductions including review invoices, accounting entry, and staff deductions.
- Manage and complete special financial-related projects upon request.
To perform the job successfully, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collect and research data and uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, and requests for service and assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Edit work for spelling and grammar and present numerical data effectively.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Keep commitments and work with integrity and ethical standards.
- Uphold organization values and follow policies and procedures.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Support organization’s goals and values and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Prioritize and plans work activities and use time efficiently.
- Set goals and objectives and react well under pressure.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Monitor own work to ensure quality and meets productivity standards.
- Manage competing demands and change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University, minimum five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and/or experience must include business accounting practices.
About Financial Advocates
Financial Advocates serves as a financial advisor’s primary ally through the transition, growth, and ongoing management of an independent practice. Since 1996, we have been providing advice and support to advisors working independently and within financial institutions—people dedicated to their professions meeting the needs of their clients. Financial Advocates’ experienced and diverse staff effectively assists advisors in several key areas, removing the obstacles advisors encounter when managing an independent practice.
At Financial Advocates we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental and vision care, 401k, life insurance and paid time off.
Financial Advocates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply
If this sounds like a position in which you would excel and would like to join a dynamic team, please send us your resume and cover letter as a Word document to the attention of ANNA. Please use your last name somewhere in your resume's file name. Please note, if you are a qualified candidate, we will respond to your submission by phone or email. Please note that emails from us may go into your spam/junk file.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Financial Advocates