Accounting Clerk II - Accounts Receivable
Finance Insurance, Ltd. Honolulu, HI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under minimal supervision, perform accounts receivable and accounting functions according to established procedures or as directed by the Controller and Assistant Controller. Duties include performing a variety of clerical and bookkeeping tasks. The position is responsible for the performance of all processing of incoming receipts, including the transfer of funds between various bank accounts. The position also enters direct bill commission statements, and handles premium financing contracts, including entering activities for filing and logging of finance company contracts. Duties also include providing account information to clients and agents, and issuing checks for client refunds or return premiums. The position is expected to cross-train with accounts payable accounting staff, and perform those essential functions in a back-up capacity.
A. Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable - Daily Duties
- Daily Deposits • Posts client receivable payments to Applied Epic AR system and non-client check receipts to respective general ledger accounts • Prepares bank deposit slip for the appropriate bank account and deposits all funds to the appropriate bank account as applicable. • Balances all receipt input to bank deposit total and verifies posting total by comparison to the deposit receipt generated by bank (after depositing). • After verifying with bank, prints system generated deposit slip for each batch of receipts inputted and files accordingly with source documents. • Manages tracking, verification and input of all EFT deposit transactions
- Enters individual client account Direct Bill transactions from direct bill commission statements.
- Daily tracking of all Progressive uploads and other direct bill advances using “DB Advance Receivables” report to track items older than 30 days. Implement follow up procedures if not yet received or applied.
- Assists the Accounting Manager and Sales Manager in interpreting and resolving accounts receivable problems with agents and clients.
- Responsible for balancing the Petty Cash Fund on a daily basis.
- Daily generation and print out of second invoices (first notice), distribute, or mail out as per specified prescribed methods dictated by agents.
- Prepares withdrawal slip with authorized signatures to transfer funds from Trustee savings account to Trustee checking account or operating account, as funding becomes necessary for these accounts.
- Checks acceptance and records loan number for premium finance contracts. Files and maintains documents as necessary.
- Prepares checks for return premiums to the Finance Companies, return premiums to clients and direct bill commission refunds to insurance companies, and distributes these checks to appropriate customer service representative or mail directly to payee.
- Files supporting documentation and prepares “system activities” for all FHB trustee bank account disbursements.
Accounts Receivable - Monthly Duties
- Investigates accounts with unapplied cash balances, zero balance and apply payments accordingly.
- Files direct bill commission statements that have been posted.
- Record monthly/quarterly interest income for various bank accounts, including note receivable interest due from Finance Enterprises.
- Print month end statement for brokers, as applicable
- Semi-monthly tracking of Aged Receivables and preparation of receivable worksheet for agent collections of delinquent accounts.
- Train other accounting personnel on Accounting Clerk II – Accounts Receivable Essential Functions.
- Learn Essential Functions of Accounting Clerk II – Accounts Payable, and perform these functions in a back-up capacity.
- Manages petty cash fund, including collecting office “coffee fund” on a weekly basis.
- Controls and distributes monthly parking and bus passes for employees/agents
- Complete FloQast ® checklist items in a timely manner (month end closing software)
- Submit petty cash reconciliation and replenishment request for approval by Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Assists Controller and Assistant Controller in performing various balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and control.
- Assists with other Accounting Clerks’ duties in Clerk’s absence
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis of variations between actual and budget.
- Assists in preparation of year-end audit work papers.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget.
- Performs all other job-related tasks, as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting and/or a minimum of 3 years of general bookkeeping experience.
- Proficient in Excel formulas, and ten-key data entry by touch.
- Familiar with internet-based software programs, and using vendor portals.
- Able to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy.
- The ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat and legible manner.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, problem solving.
- Flexible ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS/OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Able to life and carry up to 20 lbs., vision corrected 20/40 or better
- Sitting for several hours, wrist twisting, fine motor manipulation, must hear quiet conversation
- Walking to make deliveries and bank transactions
Finance Insurance is a leading insurance agency in Hawaii. Founded in 1984, Finance Insurance provides a wide range of Personal, Commercial, Life and Group Health insurance to customers throughout the State of Hawaii through a group of top-notch independent insurance agents. Finance Insurance represents the major insurance companies in Hawaii as well as many national and international insurance companies abroad. A wholly owned subsidiary of Finance Factors, the agency’s financial stability and business resources allow our agents the flexibility to give businesses and individuals the best option and choice of insurance to protect their assets and to manage their risk.
Finance Insurance, Ltd.Why Work Here?
Join us and be part of a team whose priority it is to provide great insurance options for customers and to be the Agency of Choice.
1164 Bishop StreetHonolulu, HI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Finance Insurance, Ltd.