Field Service Engineer (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
The ideal candidate will have a strong systematic electrical and mechanical aptitude with some experience working with electronics.
This position is field/home-based and requires 80-90% travel, both domestically and internationally. The qualified candidate must also be able to work with hand tools and possess mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for meeting all daily service repair & maintenance needs and driving customer satisfaction.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis.
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time.
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Participates in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects, and prepare exclusive reports.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior-level FSE’s and Product Managers to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technology trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime, and work hours other than Monday-Friday is required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Conducts follow-up calls with the customer to ensure the satisfaction of work.
- Associate degree or Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical) or Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (5-8 years’ work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
- Minimum five to eight years prior experience in inspection equipment, preferably vision
- Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly.
- Cross trains on products serviced in the field and displays proficiency in servicing both the Detection/Inspection/Vision and X-Ray/Gamma product lines. Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge of the company’s technologies.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi task several projects at once.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual
- Possess excellent telephone skills
- Possesses solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrates strong systematic electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an advanced technical level of product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and able to effectively use them to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.
- Prior experience in machine communication, data transfer, OPC UA, and MODBUS TCP/IP is preferred.
- Computer literacy; competency in the use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork. Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times. Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
Ability to lift item up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?