Duties and Responsibilities
The Managing Consultant will be responsible for producing power and energy market studies, developing market forecasts, research, data management and analyzing power market trends.
The Consultant will work closely with an integrated team to perform a wide range of assignments applicable to our market forecasting group, including modeling and forecasting, and economic and financial analyses of electric power markets, such as:
· Strategic and transactional support to project developers, utilities, and lenders;
· Market studies, including those related to energy and capacity pricing, renewables, and environmental regulations;
· Resource planning analytics;
· Capacity expansion review, development, and validation;
· Generation, energy market, environmental compliance, and cost/economic analyses; and
· Market assessment reporting.
The Consultant’s role may require travel in accordance with client and FEP needs. The Consultant will participate in market modeling, primary research, data management, technical and financial analyses, and other activities.
· Previous experience analyzing and forecasting electric power markets, including power plant operations and fuel commodity prices;
· Familiarity with U.S. power markets, operations and structures;
· Familiarity with fundamental power market models, including zonal or nodal capabilities;
o Previous experience with Aurora, licensed from EPIS LLC, is preferred;
· Knowledge of environmental regulations impacting power plant operations and market pricing;
· Competence providing quality assurance/quality control for all work projects submitted to clients;
· Attention to detail;
· Effective verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to manage tasks necessary to complete the work; and
· Interpersonal skills that include a teamwork attitude with a focus on meeting the client needs while striving for an enjoyable work environment for all FEP staff.
· At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, economics or other applicable area;
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience analyzing and/or modeling the electric power markets;
· Experience with fundamental power market models (Aurora or similar); and
· Advanced skills in Microsoft office products, specifically Excel, macros, and Visual Basic.