- Posted: 12 days ago
Would you like to have a greater influence on the full lifecycle of a product and create meaningful, purpose-built systems that you can be proud of?
Figure Engineering is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer with experience building mixed-signal electronic systems to join our growing multidisciplinary team! This is a fantastic opportunity with ample room for growth and continued learning. We want someone who likes a challenge, isn't afraid to try new things, and sees failure as a temporary step on the path to success.
Who we are:
At Figure Engineering, we use applied science and research to solve a variety of unique challenges in the aerospace and defense industries. Our focus is on improving the safety, productivity, and satisfaction of critical work done by others by developing amazing tools and improving existing systems.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary with opportunity for annual raises
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by Figure Engineering
- Long Term Disability Insurance paid by Figure Engineering
- Paid Time Off Starting at 12 days per year
- 401k Investment Matching
- 10 paid Federal Holidays
- Your own, private office
What you'll do:
You will be part of a core team of engineers and scientists from various fields working together to solve specific challenges in unique ways. You would be responsible for all electrical and electronic systems and components necessary to successfully complete projects. - from initial requirements solicitation to product delivery. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to collaborate with a team to set goals and specifications, and then work independently to complete your own tasks.
You will also be involved in seeking out new research opportunities that appeal to you and drafting proposals. In other words, you will have direct influence in the company's direction and growth.
- Full lifecycle electronics development
- Independently design, simulate, breadboard, fabricate, assemble, test, and troubleshoot circuitry
- Transform abstract requirements to concrete implementation
- Select eletro-mechanical components such as motors and connectors
- Rudimentary prototype construction
- Select service providers to handle PCB fabrication and assembly
- Interfacing with and control of COTS equipment
- Reverse engineering of COTS equipment
- Consideration of UL, Military Specifications, and related certifications
- Support, maintain, and document hardware functionality
- Investigate and propose on new research opportunities
Qualifications and skills:
- Undergrad in EE, CE, or equivalent skills & training
- Proficient in some spice simulation, schematic capture, and PCB layout software
- Familiar with communication standards such as USB, SPI, I2C, UART
- Familiar with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscope, multimeter, & logic analyzer
- Basic understanding of PLC systems
- Ability to work efficiently and productively independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills, analytical
- Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize and maintain balance among multiple tasks
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Circuit design, simulation, and testing
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout design, fabrication, and assembly
- Design and layout with microcontrollers and associated passive components
- Mixed-signal circuitry design
Examples of Project Technological Needs
- Voltage & current drivers
- Current monitoring
- Power regulation
- Analog filtering and amplification, buffering, isolation, etc.
- Logic circuits, PWM, multiplexing, etc.
- Motor drivers
- Robotics system integration
- Embedded hardware: microcontrollers (AVR, ARM, PIC), Raspberry Pi, FPGA, etc.
So if you think you have the right combination of character and skills, we want you!
Occasional travel for project presentations and service calls is necessary.
Figure Engineering does not require proof of vaccination status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ManufacturingView all jobs at Figure, Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?