Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
930-6pm, Saturday availability
Under general supervision, will provide optimal service to customers by supplying accurate account information and establishing expectations regarding disputed transactions. Responsible for initiating, analyzing and rendering decisions on customer disputes, with the goal of preventing losses to the customer and the bank.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle customer calls utilizing discretion while balancing the risk between the Bank and the customer while researching and resolving customer disputed transactions via systematic input.
- Analyze and utilize all bank records available, including but not limited to Mobius, Fifth Third Direct, ACE, Raft, Canopy, Total Systems 1, Total Systems 2, PRISM, DVR, ACAPS, PEP+, Check Image Archive, Resolve Check, and the case management system to facilitate a comprehensive review of unauthorized customer financial transactions.
- Request documentation of transactions from other departments, customers, merchants, and other financial institutions to formulate appropriate risk decisions.
- Assure that regulatory timeframes as well as internal Service Level Agreements are met to avoid compliance violations, which include, but are not limited to issuance of credit, reversal of fees, interest reimbursement, mailing appropriate notification letters to customers, case closure timeframes, etc.
- Interact with the internal departments to identify trends/issues and offer recommendations for improvements to policy and procedures, as applicable.
- Specialist relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while referring exception cases to Supervisor/Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of previous in-bound call center experience or minimum of two years of face to face customer service experience.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and knowledge to ensure that departmental procedures and regulations are met.
- Customer-focused, understanding of individual customer needs.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of challenging calls (i.e., diffusing customer anger, negotiating with merchants).
- Ability to remain professional in all circumstances to customers, merchants, and teammates.
- Ability to comprehend the debit/credit card industry and related company policies as it pertains to resolving merchant dispute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability, dependability, and flexibility.
- Strong computer navigation and typing skills.
LOCATION -- ,
Fifth Third Bank is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Grand Rapids-United States of America