Be a Part of the Fiesta...
Come Join The Pollo Nation!
You will need an email account click here to create one if you do not currently have one: Create Email AccountWhen you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character
JOB TITLE:Manager in Training
Assists in the operations of the restaurant and a team of hourly associates during their respective shifts. In accordance with the goals of the company, they are responsible for managing all aspects of their shift including, but not limited to: restaurant operations, financial performance, management/staff development, customer satisfaction, quality standards, sales & marketing, and general communications with employees, vendors, customers, and corporate support staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the management team in staffing of the restaurant and daily operational and procedural activities to help ensure the efficient operation of the restaurant in accordance with company policy and the respective state and federal laws.
- Supervise and direct staff (hourly team members) to assure guests are treated promptly and courteously; products are prepared as specified in both quality and quantity and the restaurant is maintained properly. Adherence to all standards for food safety and sanitation to insure restaurant to be maintained in clean and attractive manner.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, orientation, and training for hourly team members. Evaluates the performance, recommends and submits wage increases for hourly team members. Initiate disciplinary action and/or termination for hourly team members.
- Utilize all company-training tools to provide hourly team members with training in all aspects of the restaurant operation.
- Assist the management team in maintaining restaurant equipment and facility per company guidelines; contacts Division Leader to inform about needed repairs to equipment in restaurant.
- Performs regular administrative tasks including: new hire paperwork, all actions related to payroll (terminations, leave of absence, transfers, vacations, etc.), inventory ordering, register and safe audits, deposit of company funds, proper accounting of restaurant funds, hourly employee schedules, management schedules, reporting all guest and employee accidents. Investigates, resolves and responds to guest complaints.
- Attend regularly scheduled store, market and company meetings, training sessions and stay current with all federal, state and local certifications.
- Assist the GM with planning and implementation of local store marketing activities to promote products and services.
- Ensures proper execution of all accounting functions and complies with internal audit guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Will supervise staff of up to 15 team members on the shift
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and / or ability.
EDUCATION and/or SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School degree or equivalent required.
- Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
- Has a functional understanding of Profit & Loss statements, costs controls, and restaurant operations.
- Demonstrates stamina, focus, compliance, and service-driven abilities while managing their shift.
- External candidates should have a minimum of 2 years working in a restaurant environment, showing career progression and verifiable results.
- Internal candidates should have a good record of achieving results and have an above average knowledge of the brand's operating procedures and standards.
- Ability to comfortably speak, write and comprehend English in a business setting.
- Successful completion of a background and drug screening.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to perceive and react to the needs of others.
- Must be organized, flexible and able to deal with various personalities.
Basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel, and also to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Temperature controlled restaurant.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Computer, fax, calculator, copier, phone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current employee, please apply using the internal application process. Reach out to your manager for more information