Designer I - Interior Design
- Posted: 14 hours ago
Fieldstone A&E is an industry leading company with deep roots in home building by providing everything needed for vertical construction, from single-family homes to clubhouses, commercial buildings and everything in between. You will feel like family in our rich company culture that focuses on work / life integration. We promote many team development opportunities such as daily huddles, virtual and in-person Happy Hour events, Weekly Lunchtime Trivia, and Team-Building events that bring team members together from other locations. Our attractive benefit package includes 401k, profit sharing, and shared health, dental, and vision costs.
The Interior Designer works in partnership with the Client Managers, Architects, Engineers, and CAD Technicians, and is responsible for producing high quality construction documentation using CAD/BIM software of various types. The candidate we’re looking for has an exceptional ability to focus in a bustling team environment, utilize strong time management skills, while occasionally tending to multiple tasks/projects at once, ensuring they are of the highest quality once completed. Our candidate must possess and exhibit a positive, “can-do” attitude even in high stress situations, with an unwavering commitment to “world class customer service”.
We’re looking for someone who holds our company values close to heart: being passionate about what they do, are actively open-minded, showing dedication to mastering their craft, and above all, embracing family spirit. If these values describe you, we would love to have you join our team!
Reports to: Designer II & Interior Designer Manager
A Designer I – Interiors is involved in assisting on the design or renovation of internal spaces, including architectural non-structural alterations, finishes, fixtures, lighting, color schemes, furnishings and accessories. Interior projects must combine the efficient and functional use of space with an understanding of aesthetics. The Designer I - Interiors works in partnership with other Designers, Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, and CAD Technicians. Designer I – interiors are responsible for product and furniture selections/specifications and producing high quality design presentations and construction documentation using CAD/BIM software. The Designer I shall consistently produce high quality construction documentation and specifications in accordance with the project schedule and standards.
Successful candidates must have the ability to focus in a busy team environment utilizing strong time-management skills in order to successfully multi-task while producing work of high quality. They must possess and exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude even in high stress situations with an unwavering commitment to “world class customer service.”
As a Designer I - Interiors with Fieldstone A & E, the Candidate will primarily support Designer II -Interiors and the Interior Design Manger but will also be expected to contribute drafting support to the Architectural or Structural Teams as necessary to help meet fluctuating work demands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to ethical standards and codes of professional conduct.
- Develops professional and leadership skills within firm.
- Complies with laws and regulations governing the practice of interior design and architecture.
- Manages and maintains the product library, including organization of rep meetings to keep product binders up to date.
Programming & Analysis:
- Assists other designers in programming efforts such as space planning, finish selections and specifications, layout, selections, and specifications of furnishings and various other project related products.
Project Development & Documentation:
- Assists other designers with ordering samples for projects and provides other design support as necessary.
- Supports other designers in developing innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to the intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and budget.
- Supports other designers in selections, specification and documentation efforts including interior color and finish selections, interior trim/moulding packages, cabinet and millwork, door & cabinet hardware, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, bathroom accessories, flooring, ceiling treatments, wall covering, furniture, artwork, and accessories.
- Communicates design ideas graphically; assists designers in creating theme, finish, and/or furniture presentations in physical or electronic formats.
- When requested by the Interior Designer, communicates with other disciplines and vendors, to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements
- Participates in furniture installations, fieldwork, and space verification when necessary.
- Prepares Interior Design, Architecture, and/or Engineering construction drawings for projects utilizing AutoCAD Architecture or REVIT under the direction of a Designer II – Interiors and Project Manager.
- Consistently applies Fieldstone’s Quality Control procedures and takes ownership of their work.
- Complies with Fieldstone and client-specific standards (CAD, File Management, etc.).
- Intermediate level experience with AutoCAD, 3-D programs, Sketch-Up, Revit and other modeling software programs
- Intermediate level experience with Creative Adobe Suite applications, specifically In-Design and Photoshop
- Intermediate level use of office programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- Knowledge of construction documents, and CAD concepts, and basic construction techniques
- General knowledge and basic understanding of building codes and accessibility requirements
- Understanding of commercial grade interior finish materials, products, and furnishings
- Good collaboration skills, organized, and able to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to produce deliverables with limited guidance
- Desire to pursue Certification or state licensure is a plus, but not required
- Interior Design bachelors or higher at a CIDA accredited program.
- Work experience in an Interior Design industry related environment a plus.
- 0-2 years of work experience in directly related position.
- Regular / Full-Time.
Fieldstone Architecture & Engineering
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?