FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
Wind Services Lead I is responsible for supervising a small to moderate size team that performs maintenance operations on a wind site. This position will be accountable for work that is more defined in scope, utilizing experience to solve problems, deliver objectives to the team, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals. Provide a key interface between customer, Service Manager, GE, and constructor on overall projects
- Follow and recommend procedures for improved operations and maintenance to provide customer additional value.
- Ensure process discipline on site and mangage the maintenance team to validate requirements are met
- Identify performance issues and provide the insight to resolve issues and ensure the success of the maintenance team.
- Attend meetings and interface with Customer, GE.
- Maintain strong safety culture by driving EHS compliance utilizing tools provided, including LOTO procedures, JSAs, tailboards, toolbox talks, etc.
- Ensure operations are managed within budgetary constraints provided.
- Assist with coaching, training, development, and communication to Fieldcore employees in partnership with Resource Management.
- Ensure compliance with all site environmental and construction permits (as applicable).
- Assist with PPE replacement orders, meter re-calibrations, glove re-certifications, and other tooling needs
- Assist end client with facility operations for O&M building
- Generate reports as requested pertaining to hours worked, turbine availability, hours debriefed to individual cost-centers and other customer allocations, parts consumption, turbine down time, etc
- Create/Close SRs
- Order parts for turbine repair, as required by customer.
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical and electrical problems including: variable pitch systems, variable speed control systems, and components
- Perform all mechanical and electrical component maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
- High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a wind field service role.
- Possess advanced communication skills.
- Proven leadership to effectively oversee operations
- Valid driving license
- Degree in an Electrical or Mechanical technical discipline such as automotive, electrical, or other related discipline
- Expert level. Able to act as a senior company rep on any outage for the unit qualified.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization and team atmosphere.
- Proficient in the use of computers and PC software.
- Excellent customer, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Successful COMPLETION of the climb test and tower rescue training.
- Candidates MUST be able to climb a 300 foot wind tower, walk across hub and in the event of an emergency repel off. The ladders which you will be using are safety tested to a maximum limit of 300 pounds which includes tools/backpack weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site in order to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities are involved.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
For more information regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf