FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
The Receiving Lead is responsible for oversight of the initial receipt of turbine components as they arrive onsite, proper direction of material to lay-down area, and initial inspection for suitability for use.
- Serve as the FieldCore main point of contact at site.
- Escalate site-related concerns, as required.
- Attend meetings and interface with Customer.
- Assist with coaching, training, development, and communication to Fieldcore employees in partnership with Resource Management
- Monitor initial receiving of components at site
- Coordinate all receiving activities and manage a site through a successful receiving period
- Spare part maintenance and tracking
- Ensure that appropriate commissioning and site managers are cognizant of their material status
- Dispatch material to different locations
- Inspect components
- Maintain records that fully reflect the inspections performed
- Oversee offload activities
- Provide detailed documentation of any damages caused prior to delivery
- Verify that all components are compatible with each other
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Follow all assigned Environmental, Health and Safety procedures
- Verify that the work is completed in compliance with customer's requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in an Electrical, Mechanical or other related technical discipline OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a field service role.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Experienced level. Has the knowledge and skill to oversee outage management within a competency and may possesses expertise in a secondary competency. Demonstrates mentor and team lead skills.Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Proven leadership skills and project controls experience
- Safety conscious
- High level of integrity
- Professional behavior
- Willing to travel with very little notice
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic environment
- Ability to follow instructions
For more information regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf