FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com .
The NDT Engineer (Non-Destructive Testing Engineer) provides technical services for advanced NDT inspections as per defined scope (Level II NDT ET, UT, MT and PT inspections). Inspections will be conducted at petrochemical and petroleum refineries, wind farms, pulp and paper plants and other industrial facilities as required. Both Manual and digital data acquisitions systems in performing and interpreting non-destructive tests. Capable of advanced independent testing and high-level customer interaction. Typical skill sets required are advanced T crack detection and sizing and or Automated UT/Phased Array expertise.
- Develop and implement unique nondestructive inspection techniques, methods, and procedures for understanding material conditions.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment.
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators.
- Organize and report test results.
- Perform specialized inspections.
- Provide technical direction and leadership for inspection development, procurement, and deployment initiatives.
- Communicate and interact extensively with suppliers, component designers, and management personnel.
- May instruct and supervise others
- Interface daily with the client about work priorities and progress of projects
- Actively participate in client programs, planning and strategy sessions
- Work closely with client to identify and remove obstacles
- Actively participate in client safety initiatives, incident investigations, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Technical Discipline from High School/GED, Trade School, Vocational, or Military Program AND
- 5 years of related experience using NDT Techniques in Power Generation, Industrial, or Manufacturing environment
- NDT Level II Certification (Radiography), UT Level II Shearwave, WFMT Level II, Visual Level II certified
- Qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Technicians. Level II Technicians organize, and report results of NDT.
- Understands the application of the tools at hand to maximize the efficiency and quality of inspections. Seeks new technology and opportunities for applications in GPB.
- Speak, writes clearly and informatively; Responds well to questions; Practices active listening; exhibits discretion.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Able to approach/evaluate a problem from many angles.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Able to absorb and process information quickly.
- Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Strong leader; Conducts themselves in a professional manner; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes honest and open feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build morale and support group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Works to fully understand and implement company policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports a respectful workplace and respects diversity; Provides feedback and strives for continual improvement.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Actively searches out and implements solutions.
- Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Takes the lead and leads by example.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Must have a Valid Driver's License
- Must be fluent in English
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related science from an accredited college or university
- IRRSP or State Card preferred.
- Experience with Replication Services
- EPRI Demonstrated
- PT/FTP Level II
For more information regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf