FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE's Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
The primary responsibility of the Aero Mechanical Technician is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair of Aeroderivative General Electric Turbines LM2500, LM6000 and LMS100. The work includes but is not limited to borescope inspections, blade work, combustion/hot section replacements, engine swaps, and other types of maintenance tasks.
- As part of a team provide customers with technical direction and support on Aeroderivative gas turbines, including hands on maintenance and repair.
- Perform all mechanical and hydraulic maintenance, repair or replacement of parts as directed
- Use hand tools and small power tools to conduct general maintenance of GE Aeroderivative Gas Turbines
- Execute hands-on job duties on site, including sub-contractor coordination and customer/internal communication
- Troubleshoot complicated mechanical and hydraulic problems on variable pitch/ variable speed turbines
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
- Keep reliability of Customers assets and to provide support for all GSI customers.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Provide all the information and document to administrative department to correctly and timely invoice the customers.
- Assist in all areas of site as directed by manager or lead technician.
- 2+ years of work as a mechanical technician on aircraft engines, aero-derivative engines or other types of turbine technology.
- Experience with industrial equipment that involves lifting / rigging, maintaining, dismantling, and installing machinery and industrial mechanical service equipment.
- Experience aligning above equipment, using dial indicators/calipers, micrometers, hoists or jacks is a plus.
- Able to interpret and implement technical procedures
- Able to safely use basic hand tools
- Able to dismantle and assemble industrial machinery & equipment
- Solid knowledge of general Lock-out/Tag-out procedures
- Solid compression tubing fitting and bending skills
- Solid knowledge of rigging and lifting equipment
- Computer skills
- Fluent in English
- May be required to work on offshore platforms
- May be required to travel internationally
- Airframe & Power Certification, Associate's Degree in a Technical field, or former U.S. Military Gas Turbine Systems Technician is preferred.
- Experience with GE Jet Engines, LM2500, LM6000 or LMS100 gas turbines is also preferred.
- Solid skills acquired with trainings and required to disassemble and reassemble complex rotating equipment - Bolting, Hydraulic Bolting, Flange Management, Small Bore Piping, Basic Rigging/Lifting, O/H Crane Operator
- Good mechanical/technical skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking ability.
- May be required to handle time-sensitive tasks and maintain a schedule within operationally challenging environments.
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment.
For more information regarding affirmative action and equal employment opportunity click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf