Security Cyber Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Security Cyber Analyst (remote) to provide Managed Cyber Security Services to customers as part of the Optimization Engineering & Analytics team. You will use your advanced SOC experience and understanding of network cloud infrastructure and operating systems, plus automation skills (Python, Powershell, Bash) as you work within a team of smart engineers and analysts dedicated to protecting system resources from cyber-attacks and online threats. Stuff that could have a devastating impact on millions of people if not caught.
We value creativity and implementing clean code, optimized services, and integrating solutions with existing cybersecurity controls and capabilities. In this role you will be
What youll do
- Provide client-facing support of a 24x7 managed security services, including adherence and development of processes and operational frameworks
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in the remediation of critical information security incidents
- Assist with the integration, deployment, onboarding, and management of endpoint defense and attack surface-managed customers
- Perform real-time alert monitoring and analyze security event data from network and endpoint environments, peer analysts, customer platforms, and other data sources
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support and assist customers' remediation guidance
- Review procedures relating to Cyber threat intelligence, monitoring, incident response, and attack surfacereduction, and design automated actions to accelerate the triage, validation, and remediation of incidents
Whats in it for you?
- Remote- work at home or in another state, must reside and be legally authorized to work in the US
- FUN work environment, supportive, and optimistic
- No a-holes! Come prepared to collaborate and do meaningful work
- Desire to learn, solve difficult challenges, and have fun while doing so with code
- A passion for emerging threats, security tools/technologies and Incident Management
- Typically, 4+ years of IT experience specifically withnetwork infrastructure and architecture, cloud, and advanced operating system experience - Microsoft, MacOS, Linux
- And typically, 3+ years of Cyber Security experience and Malware Threat analysis
- Foundational scripting experience with any of the following: PowerShell, Python, Bash
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, and HTTP protocols, and network apps
Bonus points for experience with
- Experience with endpoint security tools (CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, SentinelOne, McAfee and ENS)
- Experience managing security endpoints
- Experience with SIEM management and tuning in one or more of the following: LogScale (formerly Humio), Splunk, Azure Sentinel, Elastic SIEM, Chronical, or Devo
- Experience with Windows patch management tools (SCCM, SolarWinds, GFI Languard.)
- Any certifications CEH, CRISC, CISA, CGEIT, CISSP, CIPP, GMON, GHIA, GCIH
- Bachelors Degree preferred (Math, CS, and Engineering)
- Remote work with generous paid vacation time
- Health, dental, vision, life, and short-/long-term disability
- 401k plan with company match
Field of Talent
Get fresh Afternoon Cyber Security Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.