Why is this role important to Field Nation?
This Content Strategist will work to create content for our Sales, Marketing, and Operation teams. As the main content creator and strategist, this person will impact all of our digital and sales enablement content including web pages, blogs, landing pages, fact sheet, one pagers, and downloadable assets we can use in our promotions. This position offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where new ideas are encouraged and collaboration is a must. This position is located in Minneapolis, MN.
Who will Love this job:
- A Storyteller: you can position Field Nation as a differentiated leader within a highly competitive market in a way that is compelling to our audiences
- An Influencer/Collaborator: You know when to bring in resources across functional lines to improve the company's marketing message. You have the innate ability to persuade and convince in order to move things forward. You recognize the importance of teams working in harmony towards a common goal.
- An Innovator/ Creator: You have a strong creative finesse. You enjoy thinking outside of the box and coming up with innovative and "edgy" ideas, while ensuring they are both informed and primed for having strategic impact.
What you'll do:
- Create content pieces that are both on brand and effective, including but not limited to thought leadership pieces, sales enablement, social, email, and web.
- Distribute, monitor, and analyze content effectiveness across a variety of marketing channels
- Optimize copy for emails, web pages, landing pages, and paid ads for search engine marketing and conversion, while partnering with digital marketing to create data-driven content.
- Copy-edit content produced by external or other internal writers to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency, as well as aligned messaging
- Partner with internal stakeholders to craft effective content strategy connected to business strategy
- Monitor industry trends and adjust the content strategy as needed
- Maintain and continually evolve the community support experience by collaborating with SMEs on tailored blog posts and social media content driven by editorial calendar.
- Monitor and measure messaging with clients and prospects to seed and validate that our messaging is clear, compelling, and relevant to our audience.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to ideate and iterate on messaging and content.
- Manage multiple projects with deadlines while maintaining the highest standards
- Govern writing guidelines, making updated recommendations when appropriate.
- Collaborate with design on a variety of branding projects, content, and storyboards.
- Consult on UX writing best practices: you will work to shape experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps readers/users complete the task at hand.
- 3-5 years of writing content for digital mediums or content strategy experience
- Proven experience creating and optimizing content for digital mediums
- Ability to both think big and take action -- this role is a mix of execution & strategy
- Self-starter who is able to run with projects, stay organized, and hit deadlines
- Master storyteller, backed by strong business, sales, and service acumen
- Be curious with a learning-mindset, detail-oriented, and an impeccable communicator
- A variety of work samples showcasing the many facets of in-house content
- Experience using user research to craft compelling messaging
- In-house content creation and strategy experience
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- Experience working within CMS platforms (ex. Wordpress)
- Multisided platform/B2B experience
- Any combination of UX, PR, or storyboarding writing experience
- Experience working closely with design/creative
- Ability to narrate impact created through data-driven evidence
Why Field Nation
At Field Nation, we are breaking the barriers to work and enabling the gig economy. We're a tech company that offers a web-based marketplace solution for buyers and sellers of contract services to simply connect, work, and manage their business. We look for collaborators, innovators, and problem solvers to join us in our common purpose of changing the way work gets done. We were named a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune in 2017, 2018, and 2019 and we look to hire extraordinary people and provide them extraordinary benefits.
A snapshot of our perks and benefits:
- Unlimited/Flexible paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus - yes, we'll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth and development plans to help you develop a deeper skillset and wider responsibility in your career
- Exposure to and experience with cutting edge technologies to solve meaningful problems in an entrepreneurial, scaling startup environment
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with HSA option (to include a competitive employer contribution)
- Paid parental leave pay available
- Great work/life balance with a flexible, come-as-you-are environment
- Competitive 401k employer match and vesting schedule
- Open office space with tons of natural light in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, connected to the Minneapolis skyway system, close to public transportation hubs, and many popular food options
- Free gym membership in our building's new facility
Employment Type: Full time