Quality Assurance Manager
Field Fresh Foods Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life_insurance, medical
We are a premier Southern California fresh fruit and vegetable processor. We are dedicated in providing our customers with quality service, distribution, and manufacturing. We are currently looking for a reliable professional as a Quality Assurance Manager that ensures all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers.
As the Quality Assurance Manager you will have direct responsibility for managing the Plant’s Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Sanitation Departments while providing the highest quality products that meet and or exceeds customer expectations.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to strategically delegate, follow up and complete projects on time and will be highly motivated to continuously seek ways to improve our standards and processes. You will be responsible for inspecting procedures, outputs and identifying mistakes or non-conformity issues in quality assurance and food safety.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure compliance as it relates to FDA, USDA regulations, Raw and Finished Product Specifications, Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Remain current on all regulatory requirements and law changes.
- Provide solid leadership & strong effective communication among direct team members and cross department personnel.
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff.
- Help with the development of QA, QC, Food Safety and Sanitation Team Members through strong effective training programs, coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for achievement of quality department goals and objectives.
- Implement Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Investigate customer quality complaints and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure systems are in place to make certain that vendors are capable of meeting quality expectations.
- Seek continuous improvement on food safety and quality program.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality and food safety.
- Oversees the development and management of the supplier program, ensuring appropriate compliance to Company and customer quality requirements.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
- Report all malfunctions to production department managers to ensure immediate action.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
- Review current standards and policies.
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation.
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, food science, chemistry, microbiology, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Certification in HACCP, SQF, PCQI or other related programs
- Minimum of 5 years experience in food manufacturing and experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role is required
- Must have knowledge of food safety programs (HACCP, GMPs, Sanitation, Pest Control)
- English and Spanish proficiency is required
- Knowledge in Self, 2nd and 3rd Party Auditing
- Knowledge of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Processing is Preferred
- Knowledge of SPC and Quality Control Statistics
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Field Fresh FoodsWhy Work Here?
We foster an environment that supports team members cooperating to achieve common goals.
Established in 1994 with a vision to serve quality fresh-cut fruits and vegetables to the Southern California market. Through the years we quickly expanded our reach to multiple states along the western U.S.A. We saw a need within the food processing industry for service, distribution, and manufacturing that is based around freshness and shelf life. This need created our business model, “provide the freshest food, that meets the highest level of specification and quality.”
14805 S San Pedro St Gardena ca 90248Los Angeles, CA