Manager, Brokerage Accounting and Controllership
Fidelity Jersey City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you are organized and view things analytically with accurate attention to detail? Do you value making sure accounting transactions and financial results are reported accurately and communicated well. Will you demonstrate passion, energy, and an eagerness to learn and are a standout colleague who takes initiative and works constructively with colleagues to achieve team goals. If so, please join the Workplace Investing (WI) & Healthcare Accounting and Controllership Team!
As a Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with complex revenue close processes and coordinating monthly close activities that support the WI & Healthcare group. You'll have core responsibilities working with business and finance partners relating to monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes. You will also be focused on streamlining accounting close activities as well as coordinating the financial statement close process for FWS, LLC.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience with at least one year in a manger role
- Experience with Broker Dealer a plus not required
- Audit background ando/or exp working with auditors and preparing financial statements
- Ability to coach, develop and lead performance and output of team members
- Experience managing projects and/or small teams of people
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, practices and internal controls
- Experience designing and implementing accounting processes and financial systems
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
The Skills You Bring
- Highly motivated, flexible, quality focused teammate with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex organizational/ownership structures.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit both independent thinking and good judgment.
- You have strong financial analysis skills and the ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team.
- You have a strong understanding of financial/accounting principles as well as a sense of accountability and ownership in your work.
- You can identify process improvements and recommend changes to existing business and system policies and procedures in addition to leading special project teams to implement changes.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills that create and maintain strong, constructive relationships with business partners.
- You are focused on details while maintaining a broad view of business objectives.
- The ability to manager on multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (particularly Excel and Powerpoint).
- Solid understanding of financial systems and multi-dimensional reporting tools (i.e., Oracle and Essbase).
- The ability to manage and review the work of others.
The Value You Deliver
- Work closely with finance, business, accounting policy and BU accounting teams to ensure the transactions you review or perform for your legal entities are being accurately recorded in the G/L
- Involved in new product launches ensuring any new transactions are recorded accurately
- Actively participate in coordinating month end accounting close responsibilities, such as reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis for both the WI & Healthcare business unit and legal entities
- Provide well written financial commentary and present these results during any financial reporting reviews
- Assist in coordinating the annual audit process with external auditors, including the preparation of financial statements and audit schedules
- Perform quarterly reviews for FWS LLC's financials
- Participate in any financial control assessments for processes that you own
- Participate in the response to inquiries from management, auditors, and regulatory agencies
- Participate in and lead the development and completion of special projects
- Cross train with other members of the team to gain better overall team experience on the different products being supported.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications:Category:Accounting
AddressJersey City, NJ
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Fidelity