Analytical chemists are responsible for the continued function and performance of chemical test methods and report directly to the Lab Manager.
· Equipment calibrations
· Equipment maintenance
· Sample intake
· Sample handling and disposal
· Chemical and hazardous waste handling and disposal
· Cleaning of equipment, the laboratory and glassware
· Maintaining compliance with the current version of ISO 17025 (Understanding and following all SOPs, document control, quality control, etc.)
· Following laboratory safety guidelines
· Sample preparation
· Data analysis
· Maintaining compliance with the state laws and regulations when working with cannabis products.
- Devises new equipment and develops formulas, processes, and methods to solve problems.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Induces changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
- Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
- Conducts research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on instrumentation.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to life up to 50 pounds.
· Other activities as deemed necessary by the Lab Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
To be considered qualified, personnel in the lab team must have earned, at a minimum, either:
· A master's degree or bachelor's degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university.
· Must have 1-2 experience in a laboratory setting.
· Must pass a federal background check in accordance to the State of Montana’s requirements in order to earn a work badge through Complia.
Demonstrations of Capability
· Be able to demonstrate experience in working in a fast-paced setting.
· Be able to demonstrate consistent achievement of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals.