Primarily responsible for installing, maintaining and repairs of telecommunications system equipment and services for residential customers in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs & repairs internet, TV and telephone services to residential customers over various mediums
- Communicate with customers regarding installation/repair and providing a clear explanation of how their products/services work.
- Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
- Operates a variety of tools and test equipment including but not limited to; signal analysis meters, fiber light meters, OTDR, etc.
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders, etc.
- Communicate with Dispatch on schedules and jobs.
- Responsible for promoting company products through upsells
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean, maintain stock and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Adhere to company, industry, local, state and federal regulations and standards, as applicable.
- Complete NCTI Master Installer certification.
- Knowledge of company products, services, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance and follows designated safety practices.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge of basic electronics and telecommunications equipment desirable.
Must possess or be able to obtain proper driver's license per State requirements upon hire.
- Computer skills
- Complete NCTI Master Technician certification.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication skills must be able to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous, professional manner.
- Ability to make sound judgments with the knowledge at hand when working independently.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Standing long periods of time
- Pushing and pulling
- Must contend with various weather conditions (hot temperatures, freezing and below freezing temperatures, wind, dust, rain, snow, etc.)
- Ability to carry up to 80lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders at various heights.
- Ability to crawl into crawl spaces and attics.
- Ability to work out of a bucket truck.
- Max weight on ladder 300 lbs. (including gear and equipment)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fidelity Communications is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status