Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company Des Moines, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of management reports, management reporting databases (primarily Hyperion Essbase) to support internal and external corporate reporting requirements. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for assisting in production support of current databases, developing additional databases, and developing and maintaining management reports. Ensuring data integrity, research, database and financial report troubleshooting will be normal aspects of the Sr. Financial Systems Analyst's work. The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst will also participate in ad hoc project work as needed.
The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst reports directly to the Director of Financial Systems. The department interacts actively with the various functional areas in the company both in order to obtain input for its analysis and reporting, and to provide output and comments for other department's reporting initiatives, including recommendations for improvements in reporting controls and efficiency. This position will work closely with the Financial Systems Manager for all Hyperion related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop information and analysis in support of management reporting including the development of new reports and recommendations for enhanced reporting. Identifies process improvements with a focus on improved quality, efficiency or controls.
- Prepare analysis of financial data related to operations, business performance, opportunities and investments.
- Leads projects defined as Corporate/Finance objectives for the Finance department.
- Mentor finance members in the development/implementation of data collection and reporting initiatives.
- Summarize and escalate significant data reporting issues and bugs as required.
- Provide backup to financial systems team members (interface support, database management), to ensure the accuracy and availability of critical financial database applications.
- Create and maintain documentation on database / reporting environment for internal team use.
- Works closely with Financial Systems team members to maximize Oracle, Tableau and other financial systems reporting and accounting functionality and capabilities.
- Works closely with Financial, Tax, Actuarial, Investment and Accounting teams to develop effective reporting and delivery of data and analysis in order to improve the entire organizations functionality and effectiveness.
- Works closely with IT staff and Third Party Administrators to maintain an efficient and stable Hyperion environment.
- Provide technical support for the Essbase infrastructure management, including database development, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems.
- 5+ years overall business experience with a minimum of 3 years working in an accounting/finance environment.
- Ability to produce in a fast-paced environment while addressing multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Strong system knowledge including familiarity with current era of client-server accounting/financial packages.
- 5+ years experience in report development, including experience with Microsoft products.
- 5+ years experience in database development and administration, Hyperion Essbase software, other Hyperion applications (HFM, planning) OLAP environment strongly encouraged.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn additional applications such as Tableau, Alteryx, etc
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life's unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it's like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
AddressDes Moines, IA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company