Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will serve as the primary resource to the Project and Program Managers on the PMO tools and systems. This position will report to the AVP, EPMO and Procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the PPM tool (Work Otter) currently in use across the PMO which support the delivery of Projects and Programs, ensuring ongoing alignment between business/delivery process and tooling.
- Act as a primary point of advice, support and guidance to Project and Program Managers on the use of the PMO tools and systems, ensuring compliancy and consistency of use.
- Develop and maintain end to end data in PPM system and reporting tools to deliver timely and accurate reports in line with the baseline reporting routine.
- Drive and influence data quality, proactively identifying any issues and solutions.
- Support the coordination team within Performance & Quality with back office activities, such as user and project set up, providing guidance and backup when required.
- Assist in driving adherence to capacity/demand planning processes.
- Support training and coaching users on the capabilities of PPM system.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams regarding PPM configuration and structure based on best practices.
- Evaluate and develop solutions for potential problems and technical hitches.
- Monitor outstanding tasks to ensure they are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain metric/KPI capture, analysis, and reporting.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems, Business or related degree
- Financial Services knowledge required; insurance industry preferred
- Three to five years of experience with PMO tools and systems
- Experience with Work Otter preferred
- Familiarity with project management, from conception to delivery
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Skills and Abilities
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills with attention to details, and listening/critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and business writing skills.
- Problem solving and inquisitive thinker.
- Organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience using PPM tools such as Ca PPM (Clarity), PlanView, HP-PPM.
- Strong self-starter, with the ability to liaise effectively across numerous stakeholder groups at various levels.
- Have experience in developing & analyzing data and reporting.
- A clear understanding of Program & Project governance, lifecycles, methodologies (Agile/Waterfall/Release Management) and demonstrable ability to deliver a broad range of the activities required supporting the wider PPM service capability
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life's unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it's like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company