Manager, IT Solutions Delivery
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for leading a Solution Delivery team consisting of software/data engineers, systems analysts and data analysts in the delivery of technology solutions. This role requires a technically competent, hands-on manager, with ability to interface with business stakeholders, manage resources, interact with vendors, and provide leadership to delivery on projects as committed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, prioritizes, and aligns resources across multiple projects/programs, and collaborates with project managers and sponsors to refine scope, vision, and delivery
- Maintain relationships and effectively interfaces with senior management, direct reports, other development teams, business/technology customers and vendors
- Responsible for engaging in excellent teamwork and collaboration through influencing skills in working with staff across the organization
- Manage both local and remote resources to create a high performing cohesive team
- Supports the F&G technology ecosystem in collaboration with Solutions Architect(s), and in alignment with Enterprise Architecture policy, standards, and guidance
- Supports IT leadership in financial planning and timing of solutions delivery
- Promotes a diverse and engaging work environment through education, training, and professional development opportunities
- Responsible for performance management of team members
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 3+ years of management experience, in the technology space, managing direct reports, including staff management, mentoring, conducting performance reviews, managing team tasks, work schedules, and creation of development plans
- Experience managing remote employees, consultants and vendors
- Prior experience working in an effective SOX/internal control environment
- Financial industry (Life or Annuity) experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong team building, partnership and collaboration, and resource management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of SDLC and working with vendors for data acquisition
- Strong Analytical and interpersonal skills with good written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others outside of span of control
- Superior communication skills in articulating technology direction for all levels of management
- Proven ability to mentor and develop talent and drive a team for results
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities, assign appropriate resources, ensure quality, professional work and maintain high standards
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to work in a fast-pace team environment and handle multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate willingness to work flexible hours or travel as needed to accommodate business needs and deliverables
This role is based at our headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa. We may be open to exploring remote working options for this role as well.
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life's unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it's like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
AddressDes Moines, IA
TechnologyView all jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company