Internal Controls Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
The Internal Controls Analyst partners with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to provide dedicated financial risk and controls expertise. The Internal Controls Analyst will be a trusted advisor to business areas to ensure the health and efficiency of the internal control environment. The Analyst will make valuable recommendations to improve processes and to strengthen the design and execution of controls. The Analyst plays a key role in preparing the functional areas for the internal and external audit processes. The successful Analyst will be a sought-out member of the team.
The Internal Controls Analyst will report directly to the VP, Internal Controls, but be embedded within assigned functional teams in order to build partnership and trust with those teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify risks in the financial reporting process and ensure appropriate risk-based controls are in place to mitigate those risks
- Provide consultation and advice to functional teams in the design and execution of controls
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the benefit and importance of internal controls
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of control documentation. This position will often prepare drafts of control language and attributes for management's review
- Develop a detailed understanding of business processes and prepare various documents to communicate understanding to team members and internal/external auditors
- Act as a point of contact with internal/external audit to resolve questions and issues with respect to internal controls.
- Develop strong working relationships with process owners and their teams
- Drive continued development and building of a risk management culture through coordination of employee awareness and training programs that emphasize the importance of risk management
- Partner with process and control owners in control gap remediation
- Make recommendations on the decommissioning of obsolete controls associated with the significant changes in process due to the Modernization initiative
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of progressive experience auditing internal controls, preferably in public accounting
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX) and NAIC Model Audit Rule (MAR)
- Insurance industry experience helpful
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life's unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
AddressDes Moines, IA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company