Internal Communications Manager
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Internal Communications Manager is a vital role on the Corporate Communications team at F&G. This role will collaborate closely with corporate and Human Resources colleagues, as well as the Executive Committee, to articulate internally the company's strategies, goals, initiatives and events.
We are looking for a strong corporate communicator who will plan, execute and measure internal communications strategies, activities and tactics, with a focus on clear, consistent and transparent communications of the company's priorities, mission, purpose and values to our employees.
The candidate should have excellent strategic thinking skills, bring creative and savvy communications tactics to the role and strong interpersonal skills to deliver on the strategy, messaging and value proposition of the company. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator, who is creative, innovative and able to easily adapt in a fast-paced setting. We are focused on providing a best-in-class employee and customer experience, and you will have a significant role in helping achieve that goal.
- Serve as a key member of the corporate communications team with responsibilities to craft and execute internal plans that express and articulate F&G's mission, purpose, strategy and brand.
- Manage and develop relationships with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Be a strategic and trusted communications consultant to company leaders, providing communications guidance on complex, sensitive and business critical priorities, to enable an aligned and inclusive culture through a transparent communications approach, as well as provide counsel on when, and critically when not, to communicate.
- Develop and implement internal communications plans and actions around corporate and brand activities.
- Manage our internal communications process, and calendar of activities and events, to ensure the most important messages get to our audiences, that our employees know where to go for the information they need, and that our mission and values are woven into our internal communications.
- Plan and execute quarterly Town Hall and Roundtable Meetings where leaders connect with the broader company to provide updates and answer questions.
- Elevate and maintain executive profiles within the company through internal communications opportunities, and as aligned with community relations and external communications activities.
- Develop deep understanding of F&G's strategy and business plans, our leaders, our competitors, and industry trends and proactively seek information internally and externally to support and bolster internal communications strategies.
- Develop and oversee internal communications assets and platforms, which could include blogs, emails, talking points, scripts, videos, presentations, Q&As, briefing documents and fact sheets.
- Leverage data-informed insights to build strategies.
- Keep current on relevant industry, economic, societal and governmental issues that could impact our internal communications needs and plans.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Demonstrated success with both internal and external communications
- Financial Services or Insurance Communications/Marketing experience desirable
- 7years of experience in marketing or communications
Skills and Abilities
- Exhibit exceptional writing and editing skills, with proven success writing attention getting press releases, feature articles, and other material. Ability to multi-task numerous communication mediums/tasks at any given time
- Exhibits high level of maturity and exceptional judgement and emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated skills in managing projects from inception to execution
- Demonstrated creativity
- Proficiency in digital and social media platforms and desktop publishing programs
- Proficiency in MS Office
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life's unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
Explore what it's like to be part of the F&G family: fglife.com/about/culture.html
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2020
Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company
AddressDes Moines, IA
BusinessView all jobs at Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company