Data Analyst (Specialist)
- Expired: June 22, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opportunity To Unlock Your Creativity
Think of all the times you were held back from trying new ideas because you were boxed in by bureaucratic legacy processes or old school tactics. Having a growth mindset is deeply ingrained into our company culture since day 1 so Fictiv is an environment where you have the creative liberty and support of the team to try big bold ideas to achieve our sales and customer goals.
Opportunity To Grow Your Career
There are plenty of jobs out there. The question is whether any of them will help you grow in your career? Will you be challenged by teammates to achieve your potential? Or are they roles that will ask you to do more of what you've already mastered. At Fictiv, you'll be surrounded by supportive teammates who will push you to be your best through their curiosity and passion.
The Data Engineering & Analytics team creates reports and dashboards to provide meaningful insights from the data warehouse. This team works very closely with cross-functional stakeholders, and leverages multiple different Business Intelligence (BI) technologies to achieve these goals.
As the Data Analyst you will guide the Data Engineering team in the requirements to create data sets that are accurate and reliable to meet your needs. You will collaborate with cross-functional peers to build dashboards and reports to monitor progress, answer business questions, and ensure key management reports are available and accurate. You will create tools in SigmaComputing and Heap for business users to explore data and make data-driven decisions.
You will be responsible for understanding requirements, working with the team to create implementation plans, and providing thought leadership for all data reporting solutions to meet and exceed customer expectations. You will mentor and shepherd best practices amongst the extended cross functional to ensure appropriate hygiene of Fictiv's reporting environments and to allow users to be self-sufficient.
You will partner with the Data Engineering & Analytics Director to support and scale our analytics. You will collaborate with peer Engineering technical leads in many different disciplines, Product Owners and Business Analysts to drive workflows and with stakeholders to understand and measure company goals.
You will report to the Chief Information Officer.What You'll Be Doing
- Subject Matter Expert on all wiki functionality, content development standards, information architecture, community engagement/development practices, presentation customisation, content management and wiki configuration in Atlassian Cloud.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to determine needs and develop timelines and release timelines.
- Write new content, providing consistent writing and clarity in messaging.
- Create page layouts using CSS and graphics that are both pleasing to the eye and complementary to content being presented.
- Highly organized, and can present clear information architectures that are understandable and navigable to the end user.
- Able to manage access controls to sensitive content that should not be seen by all community members.
- Provide assistance to community members who have problems accessing content, including making allowances for those that are differently-abled.
- Install, configure and manage plugins that provide additional integration or presentation functionality.
- Create timelines, set clear expectations with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to ensure changes, edits, releases of content are all gracefully handled.
- Maintain the security and data integrity of the Atlassian Cloud Confluence software.
- Act as a mentor to less technical stakeholders with best practices.
- Write documentation and provide technical training for cross-functional teams.
- Enjoy working with remote teams and people that have strong opinions.
- B.S. in Data Science, Data Analysis, or a related field.
- 3 years experience as a Data Analyst using BI tools.
- 2 years of providing complex analysis reports in any one of finance, sales, marketing, logistics, user adoption or similar fields.
- Experience with Snowflake, Redshift, Heap, Fivetran and SigmaComputing (or similar BI tools such as Tableau, Looker or Quicksight).
- Proven experience working with complex datasets and writing SQL queries with multiple levels of CTEs directly.
- Extensive knowledge of BI concepts (regressions, sliding window functions, financial metrics, marketing funnel metrics, logistics and fulfillment metrics)
- Experience with leading and coordinating cross-functional initiatives, conducting interviews and performing analyses to create business cases for projects.
- Experience performing live training sessions for internal and external stakeholders during system and process implementation.
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, Netsuite or similar core business systems.
- Must have strong communication skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with co-workers.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Fictiv