- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The HR Generalist will be the go to person for our Ingleside site and will lead the daily human resources operations at the site and support the needs of the employees and the business. Responsibilities include policy compliance, talent management, onboarding, benefits, prepayroll, leave, employee relations, employee events, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Policy Compliance - Ensure the compliance and consistent application of company policies and practices with all local, state, federal compliance and regulations. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources for continuous improvement.
- Talent Management – assist with recruiting, job descriptions, job postings, advertising, interviewing, onboarding, process and training support. Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials. Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with staff and managers. Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or human resources staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, setting up background screenings, and other pertinent details. Attends and participates with schools, job fairs and information and recruiting sessions. Represents the company in a very positive image.
- Benefits Administration – Maintain through knowledge of all benefit programs and requirements. Assists employees with benefit needs by providing accurate information and timely follow up. Coaches and educates employees on benefit programs. Responsible for managing benefits enrollments with eligible employees including open enrollment. Responsible for the benefit deductions and communication changes to affected employees, and accurately updating payroll timely. Responsible for billing reconciliations to payroll. Manages the open enrolment for the site.
- PrePayroll – Responsible for accurate time reporting, deductions, and compilation, verification and submission of information to payroll vendor. Manages time and attendance.
- Employee Relations – WINNING TOGETHER is our saying. We must be a driver of a strong and positive communication and open door employee relations program offering a great work environment. This position must be seen as an employee advocate as needed and acts at all times with respect, fairness, dignity, and integrity. Assists with employee recognition and appreciation programs, events and milestones. Manages the employee suggestion program on site.
- Leave – administers all leave programs including FMLA and extended leave along with effective communication of the short term and long term disability programs and applications process. Ensure effective communication to employees concerning their leave, required paperwork and deadlines, and notifying managers of employee leave approvals. Maintains leave dates, medical leave, required paperwork and deadlines. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Professional Human Resources Certification such as SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Strong knowledge of human resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality a must.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and HRIS systems
We manufacture a wide range of high-performance nonwovens, using advanced technologies, the best practices and quality materials, to enable our customers to create high-performance solutions, that improve the quality of life for people. We are nonwovens specialists and enter strong long-term partnerships with our customers.
Fibertex NonwovensWhy Work Here?
Fibertex Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
At Fibertex Nonwovens, we pioneer and innovate the way industries work with nonwovens and performance materials. We manufacture a wide range of high-performance nonwovens, using advanced technologies, the best practices and quality materials, to enable our customers to create high-performance solutions, that improve the quality of life for people. We are nonwovens specialists and enter strong long-term partnerships with our customers.
27981 W. Concrete DriveIngleside, IL