Project Manager - Broadband Fiber/CATV/HFC - Manassas, VA.
- Posted: over a month ago
Organization Name: Fiber Network Services (FNS)
About this Position: FNS is looking to hire an experienced Project Manager to work with our Manassas, VA. team. You'll lead an existing team of approximately 15 Supervisors, Construction Coordinators and admin working HFC/Broadband projects to include, BAU, spans, relos, Hyperbuild, Newbuild, Metro-E, etc..
About Our Organization: Fiber Network Services is a communications contractor offering a full range of fiber optic cable network services. With Master Construction Agreements with Cox Communications, Comcast Cable, Crown Castle, Segra, Suddenlink, Windstream, and RCN in the State of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Vermont, New Jersey and Washington D.C., we are a trusted resource for cabling and maintaining high-speed internet connectivity via fiber optic and Coaxial systems.
Department: Field Office
Reports To: Senior Management
Job Location: Manassas, VA
Responsible for Management of Construction for HFC Outside/Inside plant projects. To include but not limited to:
- Project planning
- Bill of Material planning
- Managing construction teams for lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for Quality Control and accurate as-built documentation.
- Responsible for final payment to construction teams and final digital packages to facilitate client billing.
- Responsible for timely updates to FNS Management and Client.
- Need to be able to communicate effectively and be able to track project lifecycle via Excel, Smartsheet, Database or other digital platforms.
- Tracking quality of and payment to constructions contractor teams
Additional Job Tasks
- Ensure all construction projects have a clear and accurate scope.
- Ensure and maintain accurate timelines for project.
- Analyze tasks associated with a project to ensure all Labor and Materials are in place prior to kickoff.
- Deploy, manage, track Supervisors, Construction coordinators and Construction teams.
- Ability to recognize and enforce Safe working environments in Public Right-of-Way environments.
- Ability to recognize and enforce Safe working environments for inside-plant construction projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform Quality Control through lifecycle of project to ensure Company and project standards/expectations are maintained.
- Ability to document and provide final As-built and billing information
- Knowledge of HFC design
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and work within a team environment
- Ability to be at work every day at 7am
- Possession of a valid Driver's license
- Ability to pass a drug screening
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to speak fluent English,
- Ability to read and understand technical instruction
- Years of Experience: 5-7
- Education: High School or G.E.D
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Sick Leave
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
Up to 25 pounds;
The employee is regularly outdoors in different weather types.
Fiber Network Services Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Fiber Network Services Inc