Fever is the leading entertainment discovery platform, with a mission to inspire people through experiences. We are looking for bar-raisers that want to work hard, have fun and make history with us. Fever combines its marketplace and Secret Media Network (Secret London, Secret NYC, Madrid Secreto, Paris Secret, etc) through technology to reach over 15 million people per week. Fever has also rolled out the Fever Originals, which are proprietary events in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences and develop new experiences.
Fever is present in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Lisbon, and Spain, and is in the process of expanding to new markets. Fever is also backed by top-notch institutional investors, including Rakuten, Atresmedia, Accel Partners, Lab-Tech, and 14W Ventures.
About the internship
The Secret Media Network (which publishes Madrid Secreto, Secret NYC, Secret Chicago, Secret London, etc.) is looking for an ambitious, creative and talented journalist/writer intern to join our editorial team, and create inspiring content for our sites and social channels.
Based in NYC, you'll be joining a small but perfectly-formed editorial team covering the best arts, culture, food and drink in the city at a demanding pace. You'll get critical digital newsroom experience in writing, researching, and sharing content, using all our in-house systems to deliver the best possible product.
We're looking for a talented writer to create brilliant articles, in English, about culture, entertainment, food & drink, and things to do around the city for our Secret NYC Network. The internship will last from January to May, with the possibility to join the Team Permanently!
About the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding digital focus stories and generating lots of article ideas, always thinking about its amplification on social media channels.
- Stay current on digital technology, data tools and social media trends.
- Writing engaging, accurate and informative articles and other social content and formats such as stories, video scripts, and social media copy captions.
- Little by little you’ll become an expert in the most important venues, events, news stories and happenings in New York.
What you should be bringing to the table
- Brilliant written English, with a warm, funny tone of voice.
- You must have previously published writing we can look at - student journalism and blog posts are all fine!
- Digital skills are a plus, from Photoshop to using a CMS.
- Passionate about city life and the topics we cover, and tons of creative ideas.
- Excellent news sense and understanding of digital media trends, with a good feel for what makes content popular online.
- You’re a can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and sees things through to completion
- Possibility of an agreement with school/university is necessary.
Powered by JazzHR