Patient Services Coordinator, Southwest Floater
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
FCI is now part of US Fertility! US Fertility is the largest physician-led partnership of top-tier fertility practices in the United States. The work we do building families offers stimulation, challenge, and personal reward.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 42,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals.
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment.
- Every day of every year, Fertility Centers of Illinois brings three (3) babies into the world!
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual.
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal.
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission.
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking for a Patient Services Coordinator to float to our southwest Chicago offices; Tinley Park, Warrenville, Hinsdale, and occasionally River North
The schedule for this full-time position is Monday-Friday, with mandatory occasional weekend rotations. Individual must be flexible.
This full-time position is five days per week and includes weekends. Individual must be flexible. There may be up to 30% travel to other clinic locations to cover as needed.
Overview: The Patient Services Coordinator functions as a team member who, under the direction of the Office Manager, provides support to patients, physicians and multidisciplinary teams to facilitate patient care within the clinic. The patient services coordinator is responsible for maintaining patient satisfaction by providing non-medical patient services, problem solving, training and supporting front desk reception and checkout personnel.
SCOPE: This non-exempt position reports to the Office Manager.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, ADA, this description identifies the essential components of the job required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests for reasonable accommodations to facilitate the performance of these essential functions will be given careful consideration.)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Welcome patients and visitors by greeting individuals in person or on the telephone; answers or refers inquiries to the appropriate person or parties; completes check-in/out functions as directed
- Serves as a liaison between clinical staff, physicians and management while acting a communication center by answering telephones and directing all phone messages to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner;
- Responsible for scheduling patient appointments and completing patient registration as needed
- Ensures daily schedules of appointments and encounter forms are printed and reviews insurance status, patient balances due, missing information, etc.
- Focuses on the patient’s well-being and abides by HIPAA compliance
- Responsible for re-verifying patient demographics and insurance information if patient has not been seen in 6 months or more
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of collecting co-payments and/or other payments due in accordance with prevailing company policy
- Responsible for completing insurance verification sticker for new patients a minimum of three days prior to patient’s appointment and informing the patient if there is minimal or no infertility coverage
- Ensures to request copy of insurance card and benefit booklet for new patient appointment; send patient registration forms to patient in advance of appointment. Call patient to reschedule appointment if no insurance information has been received and verified.
- Accurately enter complete patient demographic information into computer system with great attention to detail
- Maintains and pulls charts of the day’s patients and arranges in sequence; prepares charts according to standard office procedure, including insurance status, referrals, lab results, operative reports, procedure reports, outside medical records
- Responsible for calling all new patients in advance to confirm appointments and calling all patient “no shows”
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal, financial and insurance information; copying of patient records for insurance company requests, forwarding to other physicians or other reasons as deemed appropriate
- Batch day’s encounters and payments; prepare daily bank deposit for payments according to instructions of Patient Accounts Department
- Maintains a clean, orderly work environment that is conducive to the provision and coordination of patient centered care; report any maintenance problems to office manager
- Oversees flow of waiting areas, monitoring patient wait time and communicates delays to patients.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies and forms, report supply needs to Office Manager
- Maintain patient information in prescribed format for marketing purposes
II. SCOPE OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist in maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information as required by this position
- Accountable for cash drawer, batching encounters, credit card receipts, cash and check payments,balancing payments and deposits, collecting co-payments and other appropriate patient charges
FCI requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. New hires will be required to furnish proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. There may be alternative for an approved exemption based on bona fide medical or religious grounds.
- High School Diploma required, Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a hospital or medical setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to use independent thinking, sound judgment and creativity when resolving issues
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively handle challenging situations
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to travel between clinic locations on an as needed basis
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer, knowledge of select medical software programs including NextGen preferred
- Ability to work well in a very fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism, composure and an individualized, compassionate approach to patient care.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.)
- Ability to actively listen, resolve conflict, and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Weekend coverage and travel to other clinic locations to cover are required as needed.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and eight (8) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($5,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots
Fertility Centers of Illinois
HealthcareView all jobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois
Get fresh Fertility Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.