FerringPharmaceuticals is building its Oncology division withamissiontocreatea new standard of care for people living with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer who are unresponsive to BCG treatment, a population in urgent need of novel, effective and well-tolerated therapies. With an investigational therapy in Phase 3 clinical development, Ferring is building its commercialUro-Oncology team and seeks candidates who share our experience and passion.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven biopharmaceutical company devoted to identifying, developing and marketing innovative products in the fields of oncology, reproductive health, women's health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, microbiome restoration, and orthopedics.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Ferring is a global, top 50 pharmaceutical company, privately owned with over 6,500 employees in nearly 60 countries. Ferring's US operations employ approximately 800 people.
Summary: The Uro-Oncologist Sales Specialist is responsible for all sales activities in an assigned geographical area, and will be expected to maximize sales achievement through promotion of Ferring Products to approved, targeted customers and distribution channels. This role is responsible for achieving or exceeding sales objectives in the assigned territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the business. Customers include urologists, oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, and in some instances teaching institutions, hospitals and formulary committees.
This territorycovers most of SC (not Greenville, SC) and Charlotte, NC.
- Create, own, and develop effective relationships with approved and targeted customers.
- Effectively deploy and communicate appropriate clinical, technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to customers, and successfully promote the appropriate on-label use of approved products within the territory.
- Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create a sense of urgency and expand demand/adoption for FERRING product(s).
- Develop, grow, and manage internal and external partnerships that allow for effective product pull through and support of customer activity.
- Develop, grow, and maintain a robust territory business plan by analyzing the business and the competitive landscape. Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate and leverage a deep understanding of the Urology Oncology market, competitive landscape and current treatment options, in the effective execution of sales activities.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of gene therapy and the ability to translate and communicate the science at different levels (physician, nurse, account).
- Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology/urology products.
- Represent Ferring at appropriate professional industry meetings and seminars.
- Comply with all OIG/FDA and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor, manage, and complete expense reports and other required administrative reports in compliance with Field Sales SOPs and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years Pharmaceutical, biotech, device, or diagnostic experience and/or 7+ years medical industry sales experience required.
- 3+ years Urology and/or Oncology experience preferred.
- Experience selling complex products (i.e. gene therapy) required.
- Buy & Bill experience in a first line product strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a start-up environment preferred
- Product launch experience strongly preferred
- Advanced business acumen and granular account acumen management skills
- Successful experience covering large geographical territories
- Proven track record of results (i.e. market growth, market share, etc)
- Ability to travel to meet the expectations of the position and territory
- Sitting approximately 3-4 hours at a time while driving and operating an automobile and/or as a passenger in an automobile up to 60% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Walking up to 15% of the time depending upon the geography of the territory.
- Climbing stairs and/or ramps may be required, including in certain urban territories where the use of public transportation may be necessary during the course of the workday.
- Standing more than 1-2 hours at a time.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling items such as laptops, iPad, printed material and samples weighing up to 20 pounds, into and out of car, bus, train or airplane and into physician offices or medical facilities.
- Long distance travel via airplane or other commercial conveyance approximately 2-3 times per year. Additional overnight and/or longer distance travel may be required more frequently depending upon the territory and business needs.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you need assistance during the application process due to a disability, please email email@example.comLocation:Parsippany