APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
Ferrellgas is seeking a Plant Supervisor that will be responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Service Center in order to meet high safety standards and provide technical knowledge and skills to ensure compliance with codes, regulations and company policies.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation
- Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Assists in managing day to day operations of the business and ensures quality customer service through efficient scheduling of delivery and service.
• Plans and completes new customer installations and provides superior propane service.
• Assists in managing delivery and service budget expenses to achieve annual operating goals.
• Maintains the plant, yard, equipment, and dock so that they are clean, attractive, and safe.
• Provides technical expertise on the safe storage and handling of propane.
• Directs the proper installation of customer tanks and/or cylinder set-ups by ensuring all tools, parts, and equipment are available for scheduled installation and by providing clear instructions to employees and inspecting work to make sure it meets safety and customer specifications.
• Reviews and ensures delivery and routing schedules meet efficiency standards.
• Assists employees in resolving any problems in completing the work.
• Monitors service scheduling and completion times to assure customer satisfaction and maintains complete and thorough service records.
• Serves as a fill-in for drivers, servicemen, or utility workers during periods of high volume or staff shortages in order to meet delivery schedules.
• Inspects all vehicles and performs necessary tests to lower vehicle expenses and extend the life of the equipment and maintains all vehicle logs.
• Monitors and maintains inventory controls to include non-gas inventory items, cylinders, and tank assets
• Assists with compliance items including reseller reviews, plant inspections, and customer location inspections
• Assists in maintaining vehicle files, including maintenance completion entry.
• Assists with customer and employee training as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Five years of work related experience
• At least three years of progressive operations and customer service experience preferred
• Commercial driver's license and Class B CDL license with hazmat & tank endorsement required; Class A CDL license with hazmat endorsement preferred
• Doubles and triples trailer endorsements preferred
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of DOT safety requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on team building and developing a positive rapport with company employees at all levels
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills in a customer-focused environment
• Strong time-management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task in a customer-focused environment
• Strong attention to detail
Why work for Ferrellgas? We're so much more than a company that consistently ranks among the nation's largest propane retailers. We're also a company that strives to provide the very best propane service in each of the hundreds of communities we serve across the United States.
In 2017, Ferrellgas was ranked by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in America. For more information about the company culture, visit our Life at Ferrellgas page. And, if you're interested in being a part of a winning company, join the Ferrellgas team today!
Ferrellgas is an equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.