Join Fern as a full stack developer and be part of a well-established and forward-thinking company bringing the latest in web and mobile technology to event organizers, tradeshow exhibitors, attendees and more.
As a full stack Ruby on Rails developer (React.js experience is a bonus) at Fern, you’ll contribute to new product development and improve existing enterprise web products. Fern is operating and launching several innovative web applications related to corporate events and trade shows. This position will be critical in improving and supporting existing applications as well as contributing to new product development. This position will work with other developers in a team environment both internal and external to the organization. In addition to Ruby applications, the position requires limited interaction with other key applications written in PHP and Node.js. You’ll also help vet new technology offerings and opportunities that may be added to our technology development roadmap; identifying and building the future of event and trade-show software.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Design reliable, scalable, and secure features and applications.
· Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
· Follow best practices such as but not limited to test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, and code standards.
· Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies.
· Diagnose and repair errors in products.
· Assist in training internal and external users on new applications.
· Participate in driving innovation through strategic roadmap planning and new product development by identifying client needs.
· 3-5 years work experience as a full stack Rails developer working on enterprise web applications
· Experience with relational databases and database design (PostgreSQL preferred).
· Preferred: front-end experience using React.
· Ability to adapt to other languages like PHP (Wordpress) or Node.js if needed
· Experience building and consuming REST APIs.
· A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design.
· Passion for writing readable, clean, efficient code.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent discipline and/or equivalent hands on software engineering experience will be considered.