Fern Expo is currently seeking a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our Creative Services team. The selected applicant will join our graphic production team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: preflighting, prepress, printing, quality control, and packaging for shipment. The person selected for this role will report to the local Graphic Production Manager, and also the Director of Creative Services. We are looking for a self-starter, with the ability to multi-task under pressure and work through tight project deadlines. This position will also involve many extended hours and weekends.
· Update ticket tracking in our internal task system, as well as remaining in contact with other department leads regarding projects/deadlines, and any issues requiring attention.
· Maintain inventory of large format printing and finishing equipment.
· Produce, finish, and pack graphics for distribution throughout the country.
· Handle RIP tasks for large format and latex printers.
· Prepress files coming in from Graphic Designers, including preparation of cut files.
· Route and prepare panels on a die cutter.
· Match and adjust color output to best match requested color targets.
· 3+ years experience in large format digital printing and signage production.
· Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with a sense of urgency and conscious of quality standards. Must handle multiple tasks and priorities.
· Must be comfortable working in a culture/environment that is high pressure, fast-paced, and often offers short execution times.
· Excellent communication and proven leadership skills.
· Technical skills with work flow processes and advanced planning for incoming projects.
· Labor management skills and ability to implement operation and performance efficiencies.
· Proficient in sign finishing and detailing, including lamination, routing, and cutting. Experience with a Kongsberg cutting table is a plus.
· Skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Skilled in modern RIP software; knowledge of Onyx is a plus.
· Experience in color matching and adhering to style guidelines.
- Successful working both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Comfortable taking on multiple, large, high-profile projects.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Maintain professional integrity and pursue all initiatives with high levels of energy and attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
- Adaptable schedule that remains flexible to client and corporate needs. This includes the very real possibility of overtime and weekend hours.
Potential to travel, so must be prepared for occasional travel.