Seeking an Account Executive for Sales and Service
Fern (www.fernexpo.com) is an exhibition and event marketing support provider that empowers organizations to grow relationships between their audiences and brands. We provide services for more than 1,100 exhibitions, conventions, corporate meetings and other live events held annually throughout North America. Fern designs, builds and serves successful events that engage and thrill audiences with experiences that drive business results.
Fern has immediate openings in its Charlotte, North Carolina location for Account Executives who will sell, serve and maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
You will report directly to the Charlotte General Manager.
A successful candidate will have:
· A winning attitude and commitment to serving clients and growing business
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A record of meeting deadlines
· Excellent organization and detailing skills
· A capacity for building strong relationships
· Experience in the use of Microsoft Office and CRM systems
(Experience in the exposition and events industry preferred)
Specific responsibilities include:
· Interface with Production Managers, foremen, workforce and other operations, warehouse and office personnel, as well as Fern vendors, to ensure smooth and reliable delivery of all client requests.
· Producing and reviewing orders with operational personnel
· Supervising event production on-site as required
· Participating in industry activities to promote the company brand and services
- Serving as a conduit between co-workers and clients to ensure that client services are fulfilled in a prompt and professional manner
- Managing challenges quickly, efficiently and effectively to exceed client expectations
- Act as a primary point of contact and go between for your clients; responding to and coordinating the delivery of client requests.
- Sales….There will be occasions where events that have been sold/contracted by another Team Member and are turned over to you entirely where you become directly responsible as the client’s sole point of contact.
· Building industry relationships that lead to sales referrals and introductions
· Compose and maintain, complete and accurate, CRM sales data and other records.
· Maintain proficiencies in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Salesforce and other technology utilized in the course of your duties as Account Executive.
· Responsible for retaining your portfolio of shows by contracting them year over year
- We may also ask that you call upon certain new client opportunities; a role that involves solicitation and contracting. In such situations you will be supported by the local Charlotte branch General Manager.
Maintain an ongoing understanding of the costs (labor, materials, equipment, e
- etc) associated with production of events
- Traveling Show Production – Fern produces a large number of shows annually and as an Account Executive you will be scheduled to work these events in support of the producing Fern office. Your role will involve interaction with client and the Fern service team on all matters related to the delivery of services, or a specific category of service on larger events where task are divided up among a number of Fern personnel. These assignments will require a considerable amount of travel.