- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $72,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Are you seeking a challenge that involves a diligent and consistent approach? Are you looking for a role that allows you to develop routines and procedures to get a predictable outcome? Do you enjoy driving major business results through disciplined execution? Is your desire to be part of an aerospace business that continues to grow on top of record sales levels, a history of significant investment into the business, and desires to remain an industry leader? Ferco has an opportunity for such an individual to engage in a dynamic environment in the position of Engineer for our Quality department.
Quality Engineers provide NPI quality support during initial planning, create required inspection work instructions in support of QMS, and provide statistical information for quality improvements. The individual chosen for this opportunity must be self-motivated, very detailed, a team player, and capable of working on several projects simultaneously.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
- Develops quality planning documentation in support of New Product Induction (NPI), liaison alongside Process Engineering in support of NPI programs.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying improvements relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Manages First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) as per AS9102 and customer requirements.
- Investigates Customer issues via root cause and corrective action (RCCA) methodologies.
- Experienced in both Internal and External Auditing.
- Knowledgeable of third party accreditation (e.g., NADCAP, ISO/AS Registrars, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience working within ISO9001/AS9100 QMS’s.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform all tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree/Technical Degree or 5 years experience
- Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce and GE experience preferred
- Strong computer skills required
- Competence with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of GD&T and CMM experience a plus
- Understanding of Tooling and Fixturing Concepts a plus
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds on a daily basis
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Able to successfully pass vision screens
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.
Ferco Aerospace is a leading producer of high strength brackets, tubes, and other exotic metal fabrications for aerospace and industrial gas turbine engines. Ferco Aerospace consists of two affiliated business units Ferco Tech and L&E Engineering. We are a member of Novaria Group, a cohesive family of component companies, that consistently deliver optimum performance and sustainable growth with the aerospace and defense marketplace.
291 Conover Dr FranklinFranklin, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ferco Aerospace