Ferco Aerospace Franklin, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment that requires proactive and fact-based communication? Do you thrive in a position that require you to develop relationships and two-way accountability in those relationships? Do you enjoy a service-oriented role that desires detail and follow through?
Production Planners coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to production schedule to meet customers’ needs. The ideal team member will review and distribute production, work, and shipment schedules; confer with department supervisors, Engineering, Purchasing, receiving; and communicate with customers.
- Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
- OT possible on Fridays
The ideal candidate for this position would be able to do the following and possess the following
- Responsible for professional and courteous customer communication of shipping commit dates and maintain an organized communication status report.
- Conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates
- Responsible for running job routers and distribution to shop floor.
- Completes quantity changes and work order split offs as required.
- Communicate closely with Engineering to incorporate changes to new or existing work orders and operation sheets
- Work closely with Purchasing and Engineering to make sure required assembly details are in process at suppliers and expedites these details to meet the required completion dates of assemblies.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Receiving to make sure material traceability is accurately maintained.
- Fully manages the expediting process from printing purchase orders to getting material, details or assemblies shipped for outside processing.
- Compiles information using various system functions to communicate with all departments.
- Communicates with customers in the absence of Customer Service personnel.
- Completes any other projects or tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager
- All of these and other objectives must be carried out in a safe and appropriate manner while maintaining an acceptable level of quality and efficiency.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two-to-four years related experience and/or training
- Previous Expediter experience or experience in Aerospace is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- ERP (EPICOR) experience preferred
Other skills and requirements:
- Effective communication skills -- oral and written
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as job routers and operation sheets
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative
- Demonstrate reliability and good attendance
- Individual must be able to carry job boxes up to 25 lbs and know to ask for help in any situation where the job might exceed 25 lbs.
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.
Ferco Aerospace is a leading producer of high strength brackets, tubes, and other exotic metal fabrications for aerospace and industrial gas turbine engines. Ferco Aerospace consists of two affiliated business units Ferco Tech and L&E Engineering. We are a member of Novaria Group, a cohesive family of component companies, that consistently deliver optimum performance and sustainable growth with the aerospace and defense marketplace.
219 Conover Dr. Franklin OhFranklin, OH
ManufacturingView all jobs at Ferco Aerospace