We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
The mission of Fenway Health is to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond through access to the highest quality health care, education, research, and advocacy. Fenway Health was founded in 1971 and has grown from a less than 10 person operation in the basement of a building near the Boston Fens to one of the largest LGBT-focused organizations in the world. It consists of three main centers:
- Fenway Community Health Center, our clinical arm, which is a federally qualified health center that operates three clinic sites (Fenway:1340, Fenway:South End, and the Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center) in the Boston area and provides over 30,000 patients with primary and specialty medical care, behavioral health care, optometry care, and dental care;
- The Fenway Institute, our research/training/education/policy development arm, which houses numerous research initiatives as well as the National LGBT Education Project, the LGBT Aging Project, the National Center for Innovation in HIV Care, and the Center for Population Research in LGBT Health; and
- AIDS Action, our HIV/AIDS service organization, which provides nonclinical services (case management, housing and legal assistance, outreach, peer support) to people living with HIV/AIDS and operates numerous programs focusing on HIV/STD prevention/testing/treatment, including the Access (drug user health program), TransCEND (transgender peer support and risk reduction program), and Youth on Fire (drop-in center for homeless and street-involved youth) programs.
Full-time candidates will be considered for this position.
We are seeking a talented Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to serve as member of multidisciplinary team providing services to an adult outpatient population with a strong focus on LGBTQ clients. We ae looking for a candidate with a strong commitment to providing direct care in a community health center setting with a focus on integrated care with the medical teams, lower barrier services, and support to our Suboxone program.
Typical duties include: performing psychiatric evaluation and direct psychopharmacological services. This position will be based for at least 50% of the time in the primary care clinic setting.
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 11 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Education: Graduate degree from a certified Psychiatric NP program is required
- Current Massachusetts license is required
- Buprenorphine Waiver required
- Will only consider applicants with at least 3 years of outpatient experience, post training, as a certified NP
- Experience with, or strong interest in, the LGBTQ community, HIV, trauma, and substance abuse
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/ English and women encouraged to apply
Position: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Number of Openings: 1
Category: Behavioral Health
Number Filled: 0
Location: Behavioral Health - Ansin Building
Shift: -not applicable-
Req Number: BEH-19-00021