Summary: Primary duties for a mid-level engineer position in our water resources group will include the opportunity to work on a wide range of water resources projects ranging from drainage and hydraulics support for transportation projects, stream restoration projects, design and permitting for stormwater regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Analysis and design of various sized drainage engineering projects. This includes hydrology and hydraulic analysis and design for highway and street drainage, storm sewer systems, and modeling of floodplain hydraulics.
- Work on stormwater quality projects including the design of green infrastructure and other best management practices for stormwater control and treatment, and compliance and permitting documentation.
- Assist with stream restoration assessment, analysis, and design.
- Assist in preparing scope, budget, and scheduling of projects.
- Use computer assisted engineering design software to prepare engineering and design documents as needed. This includes the preparation of plans, profiles, details, quantity tabulations and construction costs.
- Take ownership and responsibility for projects. This role can vary from water resources Task Lead to Project Manager depending on the size of the project.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 4-10 years of progressive Water Resources experience
- PE license is required
- Project Management, marketing, and business development experience preferred
- Experience in MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D required
- Experience with drainage design and 1D floodplain modeling (softwares include HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, CulvertMaster, HY8, FlowMaster, StormCAD/SewerGEMS, etc.)
- Experience with more advanced modeling in one or more specialized areas of H&H modeling (e.g. bridge scour, sediment transport, 2D analysis, etc) preferred
- Stream restoration, pond, and watershed planning experience is a plus
- Local experience with DOTs, Counties, and Cities is a plus.
- Client contact and project coordination is required
Salary Range: $68,000 - $110,000
At FHU we seek to provide a benefits package that helps our team maintain a healthy work-life balance - a concept that is a guiding principle for us. Employees enjoy benefits including:
- Medical/RX, HSA, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability; all of which FHU contributes a significant portion towards or, for some plans, covers 100% of the premiums
- Generous Vacation and Sick leave programs
- 401(k) with employer match
- Adoption Assistance program
- Flexible work schedules
- Professional and career development opportunities including tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- Support of employee participation in professional and technical societies & various civic organizations.
- Reimbursement of professional certification and registration fees.
FHU Employees are encouraged to participate in a variety of internal committees which include groups such as the Technology Committee, CAD Committee, FHUlanthropy Committee and the FHUn Committee, which plans multiple events that keep energy (and bragging rights) high and helps us remain a tight-knit team. We also enjoy many opportunities to socialize at various FHU sponsored events throughout the year.
Felsburg Holt & Ullevig