Entry Level Quality Assurance Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: The Quality Control Technician monitors the production processes to ensure product is within food and safety quality standards.
- Monitor current procedures to assure compliance to required specifications, reporting any findings to QA Manager for needed changes or adjustments.
- Put non-conforming product or unsanitary processing equipment on HOLD status.
- Perform technical operations such as taking and/or shipping samples, examining/analyzing product, recording results and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Assist with the completion of reports
- Clean, maintain, and sanitize all equipment used in the Quality Control area according to established sanitary rules, regulations, and maintenance/calibration procedures.
- Gather samples for testing to outside laboratories and for internal testing.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous food safety and quality work experience or relevant work experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to document issues which may occur in detail.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of food and safety regulations
- General knowledge of processing, manufacturing, and quality control procedures as they relate to food processing GMPs, SSOPs, and HACCP.
- Ability to learn testing methods, including fat analysis and micro-biological tests.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) a plus but not required.
Basic math skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge in use of Microsoft Office software and must be able to operate common office machines.
Certificates and Licenses:
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) training a plus but not required.
Ability to work in less than 40° F environment for extended periods of time.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Fells Point Wholesale Meats
In 1993, Fells Point Wholesale Meats was born in the Broadway Market of the historic Fells Point neighborhood in Baltimore, Maryland. Over the years the business achieved high growth & recognition for the consistent dedication to quality, artisanal hand cut meats & excellent service. As business flourished, the operation grew into a larger facility; harmonizing modern-day technology with old-world craftsmanship. Since the inception of Fells Point, in 1993, owners Eric and Leo have stayed true to their commitment of providing outstanding quality USDA meats, poultry, and game to professional chefs across North America. As master craftsmen in butchery, their passion for what they do is exuberated throughout the entire company, projecting an inherent sense of excellence and top-quality expectations for all their products, across the entire team. The Chefs’ Warehouse, Inc. ( WWW.CHEFSWAREHOUSE.COM ) is North America’s leading distributor of specialty, protein, and broadline offerings, providing the world’s greatest ingredients to North America’s best chefs for over three decades. From the most dish-dazzling center of the plate proteins to highly sophisticated and luxurious ingredients to integrate across any menu, The Chefs’ Warehouse provides our large base of more than 35,000 customers a world-class variety of products that are 2nd to none: supporting chefs in their pursuit of culinary excellence and making their wildest culinary visions a reality. We are also proud to share that we are Great Place to Work®-CertifiedTM and live by our values of always being curious and creative, hungry for food and for results, entrepreneurial, flexible and supportive of our peers and our clients.
2730 Wilmarco AveBaltimore, MD