Sr Software Engineer
Fellowship of Christian Athletes Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This Sr. Software engineer has a high level of development skill and will create innovative solutions using a variety of modern frameworks. In addition to that, this technology professional is responsible for developing and supporting FCA’s Blackbaud CRM instances. Together, all these solutions empower coaches, athletes, volunteers and staff to impact the world for Jesus Christ.
- Analyzes FCA’s ministry needs, and provides technical leadership in creating overall system design, programs, and data within existing architecture standards.
- Serves as the primary developer for FCA's Blackbaud CRM solution
- Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs utilizing FCA's Agile development methodology
- Design, develop and deliver solutions using a scalable and automated services architecture.
- Create reusable automation libraries that can be applied throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for and leads the effort in setting standards for system analysis, systems design, program design, computer programming, and documentation; encourages and trains others in the use of standards
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity, consistency, and accuracy of the appropriate levels of documentation and standards
- Provides support for production systems as needed
- Actively contributes to the effectiveness of the overall IT team by: willingly helping others in their duties when the need arises and offering positive suggestions for improvements in all areas.
- Updates general knowledge and awareness of current industry topics by reading trade journals, attending seminars and symposia and researching online topics
- Coaches and mentors other technical resources, problem solves, inspects and improves software development of key FCA technology solutions
- Develop enhancement strategies around existing technology products to ensure these products produce expected results and benefit to FCA
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency developing customizations for BlackBaud CRM using BBCRM SDK
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Good understanding of agile principles and development methodologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems.
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Expert knowledge of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Technical Skills / Experience:
- BlackBaud CRM
- Cloud computing
- API Management
- Event brokering architectures
- DBA (SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred, or equivalent related experience and/or senior certifications.
- Experience: Minimum of 10+ years software development experience with client/server development technologies; 5+ Years of Blackbaud CRM development.
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs and Values for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations: BELIEFS: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT STANDARDS: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement. DISTINCTLY CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as worship and prayer services. MINISTERIAL DUTIES: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
Fellowship of Christian AthletesWhy Work Here?
Bring your passions together: Faith-Sports-Technology
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes unites two passions, faith and athletics, to impact the world for Jesus Christ. We’ve been on one mission for over 60 years. Our staff are fully aligned with our Vision and Mission and living out the FCA Values in ministering “to and through the coach” for the greatest influence.