Fellowship of Christian Athletes Des Moines, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Solutions Architect has a high level of architectural skills and is also skilled for hands-on development to bring the architecture to life. This position will collaborate with a variety of organization and technical stakeholders to ensure that solutions achieve both local and organization-wide business requirements that align with FCA's architectural standards. The Solutions Architect will also collaborate with technology leadership to develop architectures, technology road-maps, strategies and policies. With an emphasis on integration, this technical leader must have a deep understanding of technology and how it applies to organizations in order to guide the evaluation, design, implementation and support of enterprise technology solutions.
- Analyze the enterprise business context to derive technical architecture.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Establish architectural policies and best practices.
- Translate organization and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to help FCA accomplish our goals.
- Propose solution recommendations and alternatives.
- Lead evaluation, design, and implementation of enterprise-wide solutions with a strong focus on integration solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in their domain of expertise.
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards.
- Manage and advise on technical vendors, ensure successful integration of technology with current technology infrastructure.
- Manage the resolution of technical issues (this includes actual troubleshooting with issues related to software functionality and/or the development codebase).
- Contribute to the strategy and architecture for managing FCA’s data.
- Ability to design architectures and create/implement them using various coding languages, databases and SAAS solutions.
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of IT disciplines including the modeling of and integration of enterprise-scale systems, decoupled service architecture and integrated information management architectures.
- Knowledge of lean/agile software development including code creation, management, review and deployment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Able to effectively speak to executive leadership on strategic and technology solutions management issues, and to secure and communicate executive direction and decision to management and project teams.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions, capabilities, and relevance of new technologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems
- Proven ability to lead toward the long-term (big picture) by creating road-maps and implementation plans that account for the short-term perspectives of situations.
- Knowledge and experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and road-maps (emphasis on integrations).
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Good understanding of agile principles and development methodologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems.
Technical Skills / Experience:
- Cloud computing
- Integration technology
- API Management
- Event brokering architectures
- DBA (SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science, Technology Management, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of software development or technology architecture experience.
- Strong background in application and solution.
FCA employees shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs and Values for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God, and comply with the following obligations: BELIEFS: Each FCA employee shall affirm his or her agreement with FCA’s Statement of Faith and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs. CHRISTIAN CONDUCT STANDARDS: FCA employees shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement. DISTINCTLY CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES: FCA employees shall be ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as worship and prayer services. MINISTERIAL DUTIES: FCA employees shall daily spend time in prayer and in the Word, share Christ through word and life, and seek the Lord’s will for the ministry of FCA. FCA staff will worship and seek weekly involvement in a local church, be a religious leader and in some cases serve under the authority and assignment of the local church.
Fellowship of Christian AthletesWhy Work Here?
Bring your passions together: Faith-Sports-Technology
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes unites two passions, faith and athletics, to impact the world for Jesus Christ. We’ve been on one mission for over 60 years. Our staff are fully aligned with our Vision and Mission and living out the FCA Values in ministering “to and through the coach” for the greatest influence.
8701 Leeds RdDes Moines, IA